Is it better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better...

Ok is it better to have a good looking festy or to have a neck snapping festy. I'm just trying to decide what i should work on first. that is with my limited funds.
    um...

With limited funds I'd go the good looking route!
    With the "neck snapping festy" you typically have more than a few days with out a functioning festy!
    Others will chime in with their experience and maybe offers of assistance if not too far!
    You could always get a second festy and do both relatively cheap if time isn't critical!

Pu241
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Id spend my $ getting it in mechanically sound shape. An 88 might need some things. Check the fluids and filters, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, brakes and brake lines, valve cover gasket, exhaust, struts, tires, lights,belts esp timing belt, hoses, plugs wires, dist cap, rotor, etc. You will find plenty of things to spend your money on.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I went for the looks first I didn't want to drive around in a crappy looking car, now I am adding some go!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

I've always been one to go for the mechanical stuff and worry about looks later. My current project car looks like crap, but it doesn't leak any fluids, goes like a scalded rabbit, and it doesn't matter where I park it. That's beautiful in it's own way.

Comment

Working...
          X