Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which/what manual to get??

Hello;
    Just wondering, I don't have a manual for my Festy as of yet, so does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a good one? Ebay? There was one on there for $80ish...is that normal? also, are the CD manuals any good? Just wondering where to get a manual, and which one to get...

Thx,

-Nick

i picked up my haynes for $20 on ebay. shipping was like $5. it was used though. barely.
    I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
    93 L

Comment

If you can buy a Ford manual on Ebay.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Is the Haynes manual detailed? It says for both the Festiva and Aspire, so I'm not sure how much it covers on the Festiva specifically. There was a really detailed (1200 pgs I think) Ford Manual for $70 or so for the 88-89' Festiva (mine's an 88'). Is it worth it, or should I be fine with the Haynes manual? Thx

-Nick

Oh, and the link for the $70 manual is

Comment

for the most part, the haynes has been great. but, there have been a couple of times it was a little vague, or the picture was dark ect. my festiva needed very little work, so it was fine for me. if you need major work done, mabye the other will better suit you.
          I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
          93 L

Comment

get the haynes. they have carb and fi stuff in there.
            91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
            00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
            88 gtx
            74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

I like the five speed manual the best. :lol:
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

haynes covers festiva's & aspires
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
                  haynes covers festiva's & aspires
                  That would be good for the brake swapped cars!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

I guess I'll get the haynes. Mine is running and in pretty good condition so it should be fine. Thx

-Nick

Comment

yes it does, cause the brakes are "so" difficult.
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

i'd still grab a factory shop manual for your model year festy. they are 3X as thick as the haynes and have 10X the information. the pictures are very clear (no photos, just very good drawings) and are easy to understand even for a novice mechanic. i've seen them on ebay for the price of a new haynes manual. you might think you are just going to do a few minor repairs but if u catch the typical festy fever you'll be wanting to fix things till they break. you might still be able to get a new shop manual from Ford Technical Service Publications for about $60. 1-800-782-4356. ask if they still have service manual FPS-12133-(last 2 numbers of your model yr.)

Comment

Working...
                        X