So, how was your night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how was your night?

So, I come home from work last night, in the Probe. Park in the driveway and go in the house. Go outside about an hour later and the whole interior of my car was on fire. Bad enough that the fire popped the front windshield and was headed across the roof of the car.
    Needless to say, rather exciting. Grabbed my extinguisher, called 911, and headed back outside. Had most of the fire out by the time the fire dept. got there. But the car is a total loss. Insurance guy is supposed to be out tomorrow to decide if the car is totaled or not. But, since there is no interior at all left, no wiring or dash to speak of, very little glass left in the car, blah, blah, blah, I kinda know what he's gonna say.
    Fire department thinks the fire started in the power window motor on the passenger side, judging by where the car was burnt the worst. Weird thing is, I know that I did not leave the windows down, since it was about 30 when I got home, but both windows were down about halfway when we got the fire out. Oh well, enough for now. Damn Cars!!!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

woow.... thats weird. at least it didn't start on fire while you were driving

better get your stiva on the road!!!!
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Well pull that motor and tranny and save it for a batstiva that can really fly ;-)

Comment

ya drop the motor into the stiver, just go to pnp and get a ecu for it like 10-20 bucks
        2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
        1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
        1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
        http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
          Well pull that motor and tranny and save it for a batstiva that can really fly ;-)
          isn't that like a 2.2?
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

2.0, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get anything from it once it's totalled. Just not a good feeling to see your car covered in flames, especially when you just filled the gas tank. :evil:

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Now get another Festiva!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

Sorry to here about the Probe. Thats weird about the windows being down. What does batstiva need to "rise from the ashes". Maybe we could find the parts you need to get it going.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Sorry to hear that

Did you get any pics of the car after or during ??
                  Take the ins. money and buy a low mileage Festiva on E-bay
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper
                    woow.... thats weird. at least it didn't start on fire while you were driving
                    if it did at least it could have put out with minimal damage, other than nearly getting burned

but yeah thats suck watching your car go like that

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

No pics of during the fire, was a little more worried about getting the fire out before it got to my truck, or house. Will post after pics when I find the damn camera. ops:

Insurance guy was here today, car is a total loss. Not much of a mystery there, since there is not much left between the firewall and the back seat. :evil:

As far as what the Batstiva needs, kind reevaluating that right now, was gonna go with klze from a ford probe, but my experience with the probe I had has me reconsidering. Looking for something else to use. Groharlem was right a year ago when he said probe stuff is junk.[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                      X