shipping to canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping to canada

does anyone know the regulations on shipping auto parts to canada and how to figure shipping fees through the regular mail chanels?

you have to fill out a customs form and declare what the contents are..

Comment

Whatever you do, never use UPS when shipping to canada. They always charge a ridiculous duty fee. Sometimes more than what the item is worth. I've never had this problem with USPS/Canada Post
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

not to steal the thread or anything, but what about bringing a car back accross the border? anything need to be done in advance?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I sold an item on ebay to a Canada buyer. I took out insurance on it to protect us both. He contacted me later and said he had to pay a duty on the shipment because of the insured value. Just something to consider. Otherwise, like xpnsyd said, just fill out the custom papers and describe the contents.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

We've had a lot of problems with UPS and their "extra" charges... and not just on car parts. It may take a little longer but I would recommend using USPS when at all possible. Just my 2cents worth.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

When bringing a US made product back to the US from Canada, there is a form to fill out. Don't remember the number, it's been afew years. There should not be a duty fee either.

Comment

Working...
              X