Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know where to get parts for an old falcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody know where to get parts for an old falcon?

One of my friends is supposed to be inhereting her grandpa's first car soon. Its a '65 Ford Falcon, and its in pretty good shape, but I offered to do any work that it might need. The one thing that is definitely happening to it is power steering, as she is only 5'1" and 105LBs... I did some research and it appears that they were available with P/S, this one just didn't have it. Anyone know where I be able to get a P/S system for it? And any other parts we might need? Thanx in advance
    No festiva for me ATM...

I had a delivery!! straight 6 with 3 on the tree.. Could kick my ass for selling it when I was young.. It'd be worth a mint now. I haven't kept up with them but JCW used to carry aftermarket trim pieces etc.

Comment

Re: anybody know where to get parts for an old falcon?

Originally posted by htchbck
      One of my friends is supposed to be inhereting her grandpa's first car soon. Its a '65 Ford Falcon, and its in pretty good shape, but I offered to do any work that it might need. The one thing that is definitely happening to it is power steering, as she is only 5'1" and 105LBs... I did some research and it appears that they were available with P/S, this one just didn't have it. Anyone know where I be able to get a P/S system for it? And any other parts we might need? Thanx in advance
      They used an assist ram, like mustangs and torinos, on the centerlink

Didn't work well 35 years ago, and finding one in a junkyard
      after sitting 25 years of that won't have improved them.

its possible to hack in a mustangII rack, thats they way I would go,
      or maybe dropin a chevy steeringbox and do some custom
      work to get the geometry right. Pump bracket may not be too
      bad, ford switched to saginaw after '78 or so, and that fits under
      the hood better than the old round ford pump.

hope you don't have dialup for those DLs :lol:

Comment

Check this
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

You might be able to scare up Falcon parts in Havana ...
          88L black, dailydriver
          88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
          4 88/89 disassembled
          91L green
          91GL aqua pwrsteer
          92GL red a/c reardmg
          3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
          1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Thanks guys, this should give me plenty of reading for the next few weeks ... by the time we actually drive up to get the car I should be an expert on falcons! Thanks once again!
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

my first car was a 61 falcon . i weighed about 100 lbs. with arms that looked like toothpicks [i had asthma before today's medicines] the proverbial 100 lb. weakling . the steering was not difficult - lots of turns lock to lock , but light . before trying to find old p/s parts let her try it first . just don't put on a teeny -tiny steering wheel . that would make the steering effort harder , there are larger diameter custom steering wheels available if she wants to change the looks. do an internet search , there is at least one site for falcons much like ours. the mustang shared many parts with the falcons.
              91 u.s. festiva L 189423 mi. GL int. , engine started smoking [sold]
              93 u.s. festiva gl 222000 mi. bad engine , parts car [sold]
              1981 ford F-100 400000+ miles ? , looks rough - runs good
              1963 1/2 Ford Falcon 4 door base model , 106000 original miles , second owners

Comment

Working...
              X