Obsolete parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsolete parts

I was thinking maybe we need to create a sticky in the Repair forum of obsolete parts for our festiva's?

If you think about it our cars age is starting to effect how and where we get our parts.

Just a thought.

that would be a pretty long sticky since almost every part is obsolete or a pretty short sicky-just say all parts are obsolete.

Comment

Logan are you looking for just part numbers? Or actual parts, the part are getting really hard to find.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

I was thinking it might be kind of a laugh every time you check the sticky to see how long its got, then at the bottom put a list of how many parts are actually in a festiva :-) Once we get to the same number we could throw a party!

Comment

i've noticed that too, parts are getting harder to find

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The crazy thing is, is that ASPIRE parts are MUCH harder to find than festiva parts!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

this is the reason why when i go to the junkyard i take extra money with me to buy extra parts. i also talked to the owner of one that i have known personally for the past 30 years not to crush the festivas or aspires so at least here in st.louis i can or anybody else get extra parts.

Comment

good idea

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Excellent ideas but does anyone really find much sympathy from the salvage/junkyard owners concerning us ? I keep hearing " well , it's been so long since they quit making them just get something newer". Most people I run into have no idea how great Festivas are; not even a clue. Just the blank stare of huh? kinda of reaction. :shock:

Comment

Working...
                  X