emmisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emmisions

i recieved a notice from the state that my 91 festiva passed the rapid screen test on the highway but i did not remember going through one of those test areas in months because i barely drive the 91 so i looked at the date and it said it went through rapid screen in may 2006 and i got it in the mail last week for my January 2007 renewal. what a joke. i am glad that they are getting rid of the old system and letting anything 1995 and older not to have the emissions checked.

In Ohio anything 96 and newer all they do now is a code scan. Cars before 96, up to 25 years old still need a tail pipe test.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
      In Ohio anything 96 and newer all they do now is a code scan. Cars before 96, up to 25 years old still need a tail pipe test.
      Not where I live (Columbus). Nobody official has ever so much as mentioned an emissions test to me.

Comment

Oh yea its not the entire state, just the highly populated area's except Columbus!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

NY is now 96 and newer have to have there computer pass emisions scan, anything older doesn't need to pass anything, that is why I love modifing my festiva to my hearts content :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
            NY is now 96 and newer have to have there computer pass emisions scan, anything older doesn't need to pass anything, that is why I love modifing my festiva to my hearts content :-)
            Yup up till this year we had to go through a sniffer test for anything 20yrs old to '95 but now the state is removing all of the sniffer tests & only testing obdII cars. YEAH.
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
            X