met a another festiva owner today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• met a another festiva owner today

i was having lunch with a friend of mine and while we were in the restaurant i looked out the window and seen a festiva drive by (about the same colour as mine but stock) anyway a few minutes later he drove by again and parked right behind me. we were all done eating so i went out to talk to him, one of the first things he asked me was "are you wanting to sell your wing?" i told him that i wasn't going to sell it but i could probably find one for him from FMS. i'm guesing he was in his 60's so i'm also assuming he's not much of a computer user, we got talking about FF.com and i was telling him about the meets and was saying that he would love to go to one. i could really tell that he just loved his car

just thought i'd share my story, i love meeting other festiva owners

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Cool story. Always a pleasure to meet another festiva fan.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

oh ya, he was a really nice guy, he also said he hasn't had it for that long, but i could tell that he has the festiva fever

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yep - I found the same thing to be true. Face it, If they were full of themselves they wouldn't be driving a festiva. I have met about a half dozen and everyone of them seemed to darn nice. They all seemed down to earth and none of them had a bad thing to say about their cars. I had one who needed a jump at a Wal-mart (actually the terminal was loose). Her only comment was this car went over 300K miles with no major problems, and now that my brother works on it these (loose terminal) things happen.

Comment

I've met many Festiva owners myself, and have never had a bad experience. Just about everyone I've met loves their little car and won't sell it.

I was at Wal-Mart a while back and as I was looking for a parking spot I saw this really beat up Festy that was 4 different colors and looked like it had been through hell. I parked and went back to look at it and around that time the owner arrived and we got to chatting. He bought the car new in 1990 and put about 350,000 miles on it since then. Over the years parts rusted out, he hit a deer, got T-boned, hit other cars, and taught all of his kids to drive a stick in it. Amazingly the car refused to die and is still rolling around Spokane! :shock:

Then there was the black Festy stuffed with teenagers that rolled up next to me at a traffic light one day.

One of them yelled out, "nice car, want to race?" so when the light turned green we took off and hauled ass down the road to the next stoplight. I won because it was only me in the car, but it was pretty close nonetheless.
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I posted on craigslist looking for non-running festivas. I was contacted by someone who owns 13 of them. Apparently he's working on a B6T-G25MR swap.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain
              I posted on craigslist looking for non-running festivas. I was contacted by someone who owns 13 of them. Apparently he's working on a B6T-G25MR swap.
              That was probably carbonvmax

My wife said some lady approached her at an Walgreen's parking lot noting that the wife was driving a festiva. The lady said they had two so they talked for a while. The first thing I asked the wife was where she lived and if they wanted to sell one. She said the lady wasn't interested in selling hers, no way, she loved it. Funny I never see any festiva owners.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
                Originally posted by oxbrain
                That was probably carbonvmax

My wife said some lady approached her at an Walgreen's parking lot noting that the wife was driving a festiva. The lady said they had two so they talked for a while. The first thing I asked the wife was where she lived and if they wanted to sell one. She said the lady wasn't interested in selling hers, no way, she loved it. Funny I never see any festiva owners.
                Wasn't me but I do chase everybody down who is driving a festiva. A lot of times when you ask somebody about their festiva they have 2. My wife even asks me "Aren't you going to chase them down?" When she sees one. I have her trained! :lol:
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

You know why we have 2 Festiva's?........................................ .................One for each foot!!!!!!!!!LOL!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

lol good one. Another festiva owner awesome!!
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

new avatar festivaWES?
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Yeah just picked it up......its ok for now
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

^^ my friend who has a tiburon, hates honda, he would love that

it is pretty funny

Comment

Working...
                          X