Frustration...continued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration...continued.

This is really starting to get irritating. I've been waiting for my brother to buy my LTD from me, so I can go out and buy one of the Festivas that available in town right now. For some reason though, there seems to be this endless string of delays.

It started out that he was just going to buy the car from me when he got his pay. That also happened to be the same week he got a girlfriend. So that went out the window. Next, he's waiting to get the papers to get his taxes done. He finally went to the tax place tonight, and guess what? His paperwork is messed up. One of the companies he worked for last year (that just happened to go bankrupt, and you can't contact them now) messed up on his income tax, so the tax place can't do it (the error, in case you're wondering, is that they put 2 years worth of income on a single T4 slip)

So, now I've got to wait...again...until at least February 10 for this to get straightened up. In the meantime, the 2 cars that I want to look at are going to disappear, because they're both getting so incredibly cheap.

All the while this hubbub's been going on, I've been turning people away, that have cash in hand, that want to buy my car.

Argh. "Nuff said.

All good things come to those who wait .
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Id sell it to the people with cash in hand. $ talks BS walks. Bro will find a different car.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^^ too true

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
          Id sell it to the people with cash in hand. $ talks BS walks. Bro will find a different car.
          Just a guess but do you read The Dark Tower?

Comment

No, I can barely read, explain the dark tower connection.
            sigpic

Comment

Just had a talk with the wife, and she agrees that I should just go ahead and contact one of the people that wanted to buy the car about month ago...So I did.

I called the guy up, and he had just installed an engine and stuff in his son's car that he wanted my engine for. Fortunately for me, the engine he installed is a piece of crap. He put his son on the phone, since he's the one getting the engine, trans, etc. and he just plain said "YES, I"LL TAKE IT." Cool. Let's see how long it takes him to come up with the cash.

In case you're wondering about what it is I'm trying to sell...The body is a fairly pooched 84 LTD, made to look like an LTD LX clone.

302/5.0 from a 1985 Capri
              1984 H.O. heads, mild porting
              Edelbrock 600cfm Performer carb - complete rod/jet kit
              Weiand Action+ intake
              Camshaft is "equivalent" to a 1984 H.O. Ford piece
              C4 transmission, less than 1000kms since complete rebuild
              3.27 posi rear end, 7.5 diff, 10" drums
              Factory 89 Mustang dual exhaust, from headers to h-pipe w. stainless tailpipes, gutted cats
              TCI flexplate, reman. torque converter
              TCI scattershield

Pretty good deal for $1000 CDN, wouldn't you say?

Comment

oh its something one of the characters repeats over and over everytime something goes wrong. Eddie the junkie explains to Roland the Gun Slinger "That Money talks and bullstink walks." When they are stranded outside in Roland's world. Its a very complex and just generally evil series. Pick it up and read it at night, alone. You may just wake up with a warm feeling inside your underwear.

Comment

Well Im all for warm underwear but not usually when I wake up alone at night.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, dude came over to see the car on Saturday. He likes it. He wants it. He wants me to wait 2 weeks until he gets paid. Will it never end? Will I ever get to buy my next project car? Will Rocky and Bullwinkle escape the trap laid out for them by the evil Boris Badenov? These questions and more in next weeks episode of "Jim's too damned nice." (It's the curse of being Canadian.)

Anyway, I should have my vacation pay coming to me this week, I hope, and maybe then I can buy the car I've been looking at for a few weeks. The price just dropped again!

Comment

The Dark Tower series is awesome, by the way. For the record, I would sell in a heartbeat to the next person who came to me with money wanting the car. I know it's your Bro, and all, but we are talking about a Fester here. :wink:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Huh? My brother's not into buying a Festiva. He wants to buy my LTD, in turn, I will buy a Festiva.

My brother's right out of the picture now anyway. I waited a couple of months for him to get it together, and it hasn't happened. I mean, the guy lives at home with mom and dad, works full time earning as much as I do, has no bills or debts to speak of, and still can't come up with the money?

If he'd just stop spending so much money on weed and fast food, he'd be in a much better place mentally and physically.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracing
                          If he'd just stop spending so much money on weed and fast food, he'd be in a much better place mentally and physically.
                          That life sucks many a "head" in. Hopefully he'll learn one day.
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Hey dudes did you guys just say like something or what ?
                            sigpic

Comment

:wink:
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X