My first days at my new job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first days at my new job.

Well, I've been working for a Porsche dealer for a couple of days now, and it's been interesting so far. The software seems a little cryptic, and the various programs don't talk to each other, so that's a little annoying.

I got irritated on my first day because some kid comes in with his father to pick up his car. He got a 2007 911 Turbo ($170K+) as a graduation present, and had a $2000 steering wheel (that they bought somewhere else) installed. They got kind of cranky about paying over $1000 to have the wheel installed, but calmed down when told it was pay, or you don't have a car. (the installation of this wheel included running a lot of wiring and doing some reprogramming, due to the paddle shifters built into it)

I don't know about you, but seeing this kind of thing just handed to an 18 year old kid just kills me. I suppose I'll have to get used to it though, won't I?

At least I know that I truly appreciate what I've got, because I earned it.

Spoiled little brat!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Humm 2 Grand for a steering wheel .. It better do more than steer the car :lol: :lol:

When I worked in a dealer in the 80's I remember a guy coming in and buying his Son a new blue/black 300ZX Turbo , for his 16th Birthday in 87 or 88 ??

What are they thinking .. here Son go out and see how fast you can go :roll:
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

every time i hear somthing like that it maks me want to smash the computer :angry4:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

I think it's sad for all involved. That kid will probably never learn the value a days work. He will probably never enjoy life. I mean what are the chances he could know even the simple joy of owning a festiva?
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I have bought every car I've ever had. When I have kids I will expect them to pay for their own rides as well - you learn a lot more respect for something when you pay for it yourself!
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

You should have seen him thrashing around in there, trying to figure out how to adjust the seat. It made it worthwhile for me.

Comment

^^ agreed, that kid who got the porsche handed to him ($170K+ OMG) that kid probably doesn't respect it that much, probably beatin the hell out of it every time he drives it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I had to buy everyone of my cars, but when I couldn't afford to fix them my dad was there to help, either by giving me finacial help because it was my means to get to work and school, or lending a hand and helping me fix it.

I plan to give my kid and car he wants, as long as he can find it at the local salvage yard and it is just a shell :-) Then he can learn all about fixing up a car from the ground up, and have something truley special when he is done. And you know every one of us that has really built up a car, likes to baby them, and knows just what it costs to fix...

Comment

I bought all of my cars. Rather I paid them off from loans from bank or the folks. I used to be brutal to them, but eventually I learned. My dad still helps me work on my cars. When I say helps I mean he does it, I watch, then I do it. He helped me put a clutch in my gmc (he was 73 at that time), and he has put 2 engines in one of my early festivas. Yesterday he was working on my corvair with me. I learned a ton from him. I also learned a lot from actually paying for my cars and motorcycles. That dad who gave the $170,000 porsche thinks he's giving to his son, but he's actually taking from him. He's taking a valuable learning process from him.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I think all of you are just pissed because you didn't get a festiva as a graduation present from you parents.
                      THE INCREDIBLE HULKSTIVA

Comment

Don't start picking fights out side of the arena new guy....

And I would love a sports car for a present no matter what the occasion, but we are more focused on the screwed up aspect of this father not teaching his son anything by just giving him what he thinks he deserves

Comment

Sorry for making a joke I didn't realize you were so sophisticated.
                          THE INCREDIBLE HULKSTIVA

Comment

my daughter

i just donate the green aspire to my daughter, she go to school and she love this little green car. she work many time with me to fix tranny and change tires ( winter here !!! ) and changing brakes. she know what is a starter and many parts on the car.

she love this small car

yvan

Comment

Originally posted by projectfestiva
                              I think all of you are just pissed because you didn't get a festiva as a graduation present from you parents.
                              :laughing3: that's about it.... I thought it was funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X