Factory condensor fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory condensor fan

Does anyone have a condensor fan equipped a/c festiva? My festiva has factory a/c, but it did not come with the condensor fan. I want to know if its going to make a difference on a really hot day?--Jeremie

it will make a diff if you are idleing or in stop and go traffic and may even damage the compressor. the fan helps the condenser to change the hot refridgerant gas into a liquid that helps cool the compressor and absorb the heat in the passenger compartment. the condenser fan is wired to run continuously while the A/C switch is on. all festy ac systems included this fan so it must have been removed at some time. hopefully the relays to operate it are still there. i wouldn't use the ac without the fan unless you are driving at least 40 mph which should push enough air across the condensor to cool the refridgerant. there is a new condenser fan on ebay.

Comment

all festivas air conditioning systems did not include this fan

only automatics had it because of the heat load it placed on the radiator, also why the automatics radiator is one core bigger

Comment

Yeah, I knew my Festiva didn't come equippped with the fan from factory, and it has never been taken off. At idle on a hot day I do notice the A/C will lose its guts until I start moving the car again. My radiator fan is what kicks on when I flip the A/C switch. I have not been able to find any factory condensor fan plug, or relay tucked away anywhere either. Where should I look? Does anyone have all the parts I can buy from them?

Comment

I put one on a few years ago because of the summer heat here in Texas. I just wired it in to the fan circuit. I pulled mine from the Capri XR-2

Comment

It would be really cool if I could have the factory wiring harness for the condensor fan. Would this be possible or is it integrated into something I can't use?

Comment

cond fan

Originally posted by mechanicaldj
              all festivas air conditioning systems did not include this fan

only automatics had it because of the heat load it placed on the radiator, also why the automatics radiator is one core bigger
              i stand corrected. sorry for the misinformation

Comment

i will see if i can find one at the junkyard in the next couple of weeks

Comment

i have a specail junkyard i go to and they harass me all of the time in a nice way but one day they threwa soda in my hair but to make up for it they gave me a hood for my 93 festiva for $20.00. harass me all you want but give me my discount..lol

Comment

Rock on Miami!!

Comment

There are condenser fans on Ebay right now.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Is this what you're after? (From my '90 w/atx):

Comment

^^I need 1 of those!
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

You could wire an additional circuit, via a relay, from the electrical connection on the A/C compressor. Set it up so the fan is on whenever the A/C is running. Not too hard.

Comment

Yeah, thats the fan I am looking for. Is it for sale? If so PM a price and address. How do the fans operate stock? Do they both come on when the A/C is turned on? Right now since I don't have a condensor fan, the radiator fan comes on when I turn the A/C on. I know how to wire it. I just want the stock wiring to really seal the deal.--Jeremie

Comment

Working...
                              X