orange/white instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orange/white instruments

i know this is a stupid question but... what years came with the orange instruments and what years came with the white instruments?
    Because i went to look at a 1990 festiva L last night and it had an orange cluster... it was a kph cluster (canada) so i dunno if they were the same up here, but i was sure the 1990s were supposed to be white.
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

The previous owner probally swaped the orginal out for one with a tach.

Before 90 = Orange faced
    90 & after = White faced
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I've seen a '90 with orange before, but only once, and it was an MPH one. I pulled a white one from a '90 today, and my '91 and '93 both have white ones. I think maybe the '90s came with both, but I've never seen an '88-'89 with white, or a '91-'93 with orange...
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

ok, thats what i thought.

the cluster didn't have a tach.. and odo read 260k kms so i dont think it was swapped to make it look lower mileage.

I cant remember if the rest of the instrumentation was orange or not, im going back during the day on the weekend.

I would almost say it could have been a 88-89 but it was a 5spd and it definitely was not an LX but i never checked the stamp.... owner kept insisting it was a LX but it didnt have one single LX feature.
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

Did the car have orange lettering on the switches? The gauges should match the switches in color if its original, unless someone changed it all.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Working...
          X