Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo Festiva idea just won't leave my mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Festiva idea just won't leave my mind.

I have been on the forum alot more than usual, and I have been working on my Festiva alot more lately. Upgrading old chassis parts, new shocks, cleaning interior, new clutch and brake pedal feet pads which I might add was incredible. Just odds and ends..all the while the mighty Merkur sits in the driveway with no attention. Its hard to do fabrication work in your driveway with winter laughing in your face. I almost want to sell or trade the Merkur, and all the V-8 components that go with it for a finished turbo festiva or festiva turbo project near done. My Festiva would be a great car to do a turbo swap, but I just won't tear it apart. Its been to good of a car, and in life you make choices. Whats going to be the hot rod? And whats going to be the car that goes and gets the parts you need for the hot rod? I think i'm looking for the quick fix, and its probably going to be more work in the end. Just some thoughts.--Jeremie

I see more Festivas than Merkurs on the road........ XR4Tis are neat little cars.
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Yes, you are right. After driving the Festiva all the time, and then sitting inside the Merkur, I feel like I am in some big body Mercedes.--Jeremie

Comment

My suggestion would be stick with building the merkur cause those things are awesome and unique, and if you ever decided to go back to a merkur after you sold this one you'd have a hard time finding another for sale. If you can find a cheap B6 from an 88-89 323 or tracer, you could get that and install it in a weekend since its a direct bolt-in. It will still get great gas mileage and its an easy swap, plus its good for an extra 20 horses... perfect for hauling around those "massive" merkur parts
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

The B6 sounds cool, but I want the turbo engine!!

Comment

find yourself a capri xr2, not too hard to find a 91.

Comment

The Capri XR2's are going for crazy amounts. Everytime I have looked on the "bay" for one, they are going for $2,000.00.

Comment

I picked mine up with a running engine, and a hardtop for 500 bucks.

Comment

You want $600.00 for it?

Comment

Originally posted by ectonine
                    The Capri XR2's are going for crazy amounts. Everytime I have looked on the "bay" for one, they are going for $2,000.00.
                    I remember you saying "I have more money than brains". So whats the problems?
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

haha well maybe he just doesn't have much of either but money more so than brains, just not quite 2,000 dollars though...

Comment

HA! Not looking forward to paying $2,000.00 for a Capri.

Comment

I didn't wanna pay 500 lol they are horendous to say the least but you gotta think about the bigger picture, b6t swapped festiva, priceless.

Comment

I would give $500.00 all day long for a running Capri. Watch out with that "ugly" stuff. You're gonna get the "booty in the eye of the toaster" speech I got.--Jeremie

Comment

well i was the one that stated its ugly so that would make it my opinion, and I am entitled to that, trust I could be alot worse but I'v cleaned up my act and I am trying to be a contributor.

Comment

Working...
                              X