Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought my very first Festiva, an a nice one I think....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my very first Festiva, an a nice one I think....

Hello All...............I just finalized a deal for a nice 1992 Festiva. It's teal in color with AT and AC, just what i've been looking for, and i've been looking for months! ! It sold on ebay for $1350, I was the second high bidder, and when the high bidder couldn't come up with the cash, guess who the seller called? ME.....woo hoo......(of course i emailed him to tell him i was still interested if the first deal didn't work out). Any way, i'm sure some of you folks saw the listing for it and i was hoping to get some of you guy's thoughts on this car. Higher miles, but looks extremely clean and well cared for and supposed to run like a top. I'm tickled to have it and at a pretty good price i hope. What do you think? The car's in Tenn. and i'm in OH, good god a 1004 mile round trip, but what the heck, a Festie is worth it right??! ! Gonna drive down with a tow dolly and bring her home Saturday. I'll keep you updated when i get home..........Thanks for any responses, Perry

Where at in Ohio? You should come to Ohiostiva in May!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I live near Lima........on I75 north of Dayton about an hour........where is the event held? It sounds like it could be a good time. Is there a website

Comment

Summit Auto Racing. It is a good time. You get to meet some good people with the same likes...in cars anyway...lol. Then a cruise and lunch...good time.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yes it will be held sometime in May, keep checking the Northeast forum for details.
          Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Welcome Perry. Congrats on your score.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I was keeping an eye on that one too. Nice catch.

Comment

Congrats on your find and Welcome to the #1 Festiva site .
                You will be very happy here and with your new toy
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!! ^^ like the ringmaster said..
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

This one ? It does look nice and cared for. Even with the high miles it will still last a long time if its been properly cared for. Ask 5.0zone or geezerstiva. Welcome to the board :!:

sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Nice ride and welcome to the board.
                      ~Jeff
                      1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                      1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                      2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Yes, Freshtiva thats the one. Accord to the previous owner auto trans was replaced and has a long list of motor parts replacements that weren't in the item description, 27000 miles ago. He claims to have every service (from every oil change to the transmission swap) for the time he's owned the car. So i would guess it should be good to go for a good long time. Thanks for putting up the photo..........Perry

Comment

Well I made it home with her. Eight hours down on friday and TEN hour trip home saturday in that crappy Ohio snow storm! ! But we're here and I'll tell you what, this car is in near imacculate condition. Even better than i'd hoped. Had a rattley hatch, that i fixed already, needs new tires (already ordered up), sounds like the rear wheel bearings could use some attention, a small ding on the passenger door, little tear on drivers seat and thats about it for the bad news. Good news is the body is near perfect, absolutely no rust anywhere (and i've looked everywhere the last couple days), paint is very good, some fade on bumpers and roof. Other than the seat tear the interior is almost perfect, clean carpet and shiny plastic and vinyl. AC works perfectly. Heat and radio are good. ALL the gauges and lights work fine. Even the cig lighter works. Motor purrs like a kitten, auto trans shifts are solid. ALOT of the suspension and steering parts have been replaced recently along with some new motor parts, plugs,wires,distibutor,head cover gasket, timing belt, all belts and hoses. Alloy wheels are in great shape And get this, the owner had a fifth alloy wheel and tire that went along home with us. I just can't believe the condition of this car. Can you tell i'm happy with my purchase? Looking forward to sharing with you folks, all my good experiences with my new car.

Comment

Thats a nice car! I like the color!
                            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Sounds like you scored a winner! Enjoy your new toy!!!
                              1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
                              2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Working...
                              X