Festiva in SCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva in SCC

I got the new issue of Sport Compact Car in the mail and the reader's ride of the month is a Festiva. If I am not mistaken the car belongs to floydiancomplex. I dont have a scanner so maybe somebody else can post the page.
    Currently Festiva-less. Please don't hate me

Awesome , please someone post some pics of this !!
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

which issue? i have march 07 nothing in there about festiva's. I do have the other 2 issues that do though.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

It is the one with the new Mitsubishi Evo X on the cover. I will have to check the date when I get home. It came in the mail on Wednesday.

Comment

He's right ... the car is in there. I tlooks rough, but hey. It's a 'tiva.

Comment

It is the April 2007 issue

Comment

I couldn't Figure out how to post the picture directly so heres a link to it.
              I wasn't going to toot my own horn but since nobody else posted it, I
              figured why not. If someone wants to post it on the page (or send me
              instructions to do it) thats cool to. - Chris
              Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
              - Dennis Grant
              FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

What A/F ratio meter are you using and would you buy it again or go with another unit?

Pu241
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

looks like a fun ride, do you autocross it yet? and also, is it the stock motor? if it is, try a BP in there, that things will scream, especially with that exhaust system you've got
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

8) OOPS
                    Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
                    - Dennis Grant
                    FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

I have been to 3 AutoX this season and 1 RallyX. I placed 13th, then 9th, then 3rd last sunday. I placed 2nd in the rallyX.
                      I'm still using the stock motor (intake, exhaust, no emissions, timing adv 5-6 deg). I have considered a motor swap
                      (thinking b8me or b6de) but currently if there is any limit it is my driving. The car is simply amazing and I would
                      recommend the setup to anyone getting into AutoX. More Power is not always better esp. in AutoX where handling
                      is paramount and gobs of power can be a hindrance more often than not. Before adding power I want to loose
                      some more weight (i.e. plexy windows and fiberglass fender, hood, hatch) with a min weight of 1400 I still got a ways
                      to go (currenty about 1600). Then come the slicks! I'm not trying to bash engine swaps or anything but I really enjoy
                      having the smallest motor out there (aside from karts and a Mini). Theres just something special about knowing you
                      just whooped a WRX with 1.3L.

The A/F meter is from IEQUUS (spelling?), I got it at Orielly's for 59.99 (they had to order it, but it was on display).
                      When I buy another one it will be the AEM wide band system ($300, for use with Megasquirt). This one is good
                      for one reason (that actually doesn't help festys) it has 2 inputs. each row of lights can work independenty so
                      it works great for OBDII cars with 2 O2 sensors, as you can see A/F before and after the cat. Looking back I would
                      have gotten one that better matched my other gauges. They all work the same (power, ground, signal comes from BLUE
                      wire on 1.3 ECU) so i would say buy the one you think would look best in your car. Personally I like the Autometer one
                      nice and grey/black (but also $10 more). The IEQUUS one is also very bright (almost distracting at night).

Check out the whole car at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433730/1

Sorry my responses are always so drawn out, but you are the only people who get the whole Festiva thing. No one
                      understands, they are always "why a festiva" or the ever present "what is that, a FIESTA?". So thanks for "listening"

- Chris
                      - Dennis Grant
                      FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Nice car! you may want to go to a fiberglass hood & hatch....but no one makes a fiberglass fender because the stock fenders are soo light! I dont think you would save hardly any weight if you made your own....I'd look elsewhere for weight savings.

just my 2 cents!
                        Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

I got no where else to look, but I see your point. Since i intend to add fender flares (so i can lower alot without eating tires.)
                          I figured I might as well just remake the whole fender. We'll see may be more trouble than its worth
                          - Dennis Grant
                          FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

you could use the stock steel fender as a buck for aluminum, t6 works well, but the stock fenders are really really light, id look at doing the doors or replacing the roof with an aluminum panel, thats fairly easy since its flat and structural glue is easy to get now. also, mounting everything as low in the car as possible will help alot with balance thru turns, which is why the evo mr has an aluminum roof, and scc replaced the giant sunroof on their mini with a carbon piece. chrysler raced a sebring 4 door several years ago and with the rules of the series they were in, everything was floor mounted, even the windsheild wiper acuators.
                            is not sposed ta do that...
                            05 subaru legacy gt
                            1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                            1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Working...
                            X