Good day at P'n'P!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day at P'n'P!

I was planning on getting winter tires and wheels next season but I changed my mind today when I went to Pick N Pull. Came across a Tracer with factory Mazda alloys, the same as on my car, and some decent looking winter tires. After taking a closer look I discovered that they were Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi's, http://tinyurl.com/6nyh2 , with lots of tread left on them, probably good for at least three or four seasons.

So I picked up the four alloy wheels, which are as good or better shape than the ones I already have, and the four tires all of which appears to have been balanced recently for the meager sum of $120.00 CD. Checked out the price new for a set of four and it worked out to just under $560.00 installed for not including rims!

You might say that I'm quite pleased with myself
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I'd be pleased with myself too. Good jy score!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

What do thoseims look like. Do you have and pics?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

Originally posted by lilred
        What do thoseims look like. Do you have and pics?
        Check out my album or go to Cardomain here http://tinyurl.com/2kvgy2
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

where and how do you get the cup holder????

Comment

Hey, You could go into business making those cup holders - That is the biggest problem I have with my Festiva - No cup holders!

Comment

I still have to do some finishing touches on the console. When I have it out of the car I'll take a bunch of photos of how I put it together.

Thanks for the positive comments.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Darn, Ian, I'm heading out there on Saturday and you beat me to 'em! j/k I'm looking to swap up to the Aspire brakes ASAP anyway. Good find.

Comment

Pick n Pulls are my best friends. Most of the things i've done to my cars have been with parts from JY's
                  Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                  99 Dodge Caravan SE
                  95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                  94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                  78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                  78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                  03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                  95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                  95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                  95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Hey Ian.. have you thought of replacing the bottom part of the console with a radio delete?

Comment

I still have the bottom portion of the stock cubicle in there so I can fit a few CDs in there. It's hard to see in my photos but it will all make sense when I get the new photos up. Can't do it this weekend as my daughter has the car and won't be back until Tuesday!
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

I was just thinking that a radio delete (single din bin) would fit right there..

Comment

Oh I see what your getting at... does anyone have a radio delete bin they'd be willing to sell!?
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10304

Comment

Matter of fact after i get my stock radio in this weekend, you can buy mine.... pics of it are in photo gallery of recent of my car
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                              X