Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurray I'm laid off.

Yeah like the title says.

But atleast now I have some time to work on the cars & go to more meets.

Been a bad year on here for getting canned:

THE LIST

DuritzCrows17
    Deathshed
    warlock
    Me

Anyone else get canned lately.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the hunt. I am self employed so I didn't get laid off, but I am scrambling to figure out how to make my next $200 bill that's due in 2 days. I always figure it out somehow.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Carbon.. You and I are in the exact same boat.. SELF employed and flying by the seat of my pants.. Always scrambling to pay the next $200-500 bill. I will find out today if I lost a 500 per month account. They sold the company. I thought I lost it last month, but noone notified me that they were ending the contract, so.. I'm off this morning to do maintenance. This was the only month to month contract I have. And they're required by the contract to give a 30 day notice.. Sure hope I don't get that today, that would be a big hit for me.

Comment

I got laid off this year aswell add me to the list! I am getting hired at my local home depot hopefully later this week, good luck at finding work, its not the easiest thing these days as much as the goverment says they are working on it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you got laid-off. But don't let it get you down. Keep yourself busy so you don't think too much about it and get depressed. I'll bet it won't be too long before you are back at it.

Comment

YAY!!!! Didn't lose the account. The new company is based out of Lafayette so they said it would cost them more to pay their IT to travel back and forth..

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
              YAY!!!! Didn't lose the account. The new company is based out of Lafayette so they said it would cost them more to pay their IT to travel back and forth..
              Success! I am working on a deal that will pay all of my months bills. I will have about 3 hours in it. The thing is I always have to hustle! It's still better to be self employed.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

GREAT!! We both had good news today.. Sooo much better to be self employed.
                Because it's entirely up to you as to how much you work, get paid and the most important to me, the time I spend with my kids.

Comment

I really like being able to take my wife to work and pick her up. Especially when she gets off at 11:30 p.m.

Comment

hey kemp if your looking for work my company is hirining. and work is right next to your house im curenly working at Darcy hyudai, saturn of joliet and ...Ford i cant rember the name anyways i do Paintless dent removal it pays good once you learn it. its a trade that you will always have. i took a pay cut taking the job but hopefully it will pay off. if you want more info call me or pm me a vet tech can earn 35k-90k+

Comment

Man that sucks , but I hope all works out for all of you Kemp.

That is great news DJ. about the account .

I just cringed when I got my power bill this Month , $349.49 actual reading ,not pro rated .
                      :x :evil: :twisted:

Power companies suck !! And it has not even peaked yet , it will continue to go up for the next 3 years .
                      I am working without a contract , as of Feb 1st. and it is not looking good so far.
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I am also self employed, has its good sides and bad,the good side i can take off when ever i want,the bad when work is slow have to find other means of income.
                        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                        99 Dodge Caravan SE
                        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

One thing I read once about being self-employed is that you are your own boss... but sometimes the boss can be a jerk
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca
                            One thing I read once about being self-employed is that you are your own boss... but sometimes the boss can be a jerk
                            I am not a jerk!! :laughing3: :laughing3:

Comment

new job

I got let go last November after 10 years of working for the title industry, basicially I asked for more money and they balked, then gave me till Feb 1st to get a new job. Right before Christmas, was very stressfull. Worked out for the best though, now I work for Extreme Motorsports doing what I like to do, All performance work on turbo cars with access to a dyno, shop discount, full benefits and after 90 days I get a raise to make more money then I did at my last job.
                              Chris Rummel

Comment

Working...
                              X