wheel variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel variations

totally useless info but the recent discussion on trim rings in the [FS] section nagged me to pull out the sales literature and parts lists to try and summarize the various wheel widths/styles/and colors fitted to the festiva in its 5 yr run. there were 7 individual part#s for wheels as follows. (1) 4.5" styled alum silver (2) 4.5" cast alum white (3) 4.5" styled steel silver (4) 4.5" styled steel silver metallic (5) 4.5"styled steel oxford white (6) 4.5" styled steel sandalwood (7) 4.0" styled steel silver. as for what goes with what: 1988- L and LPLUS got 4.0 silver steel, LX got 4.5 silver steel and the 4.5 silver alum was a limited option. 1989- same. 1990-L got 4.0 silver steel, LPLUS and LX got 4.5 silver steel with trim rings. 4.5 silver alum still an option. 1991- L got 4.0 silver steel, GL got 4.5 steel in silver, oxford white, silver mettalic, or sandalwood. 4.5 silver alum still an option. 1992- L got 4.0 silver steel, GL and GL sport got 4.5 silver alum standard. 1993- L got 4.0 silver, GL got 4.5 silver alum and GL sport got 4.5 white alum. no mention of whether the trim rings were included with the 4.5 steel wheels after 1990 or whether the colored steels were offered after 1991. the alum wheels had matching dust cap covers in white or silver and all the steels came with the chrome cap standard. interestingly you could purchase the ford sticker seperately for the chrome cap. no full wheel hubcaps are shown.

A neighbor had a Festiva with gold wheels, I thought someone had painted them. I guess those would have been sandlewood because it was a 91.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I never knew there was that many different configurations. So the trim rings came on the 1990 L plus and the 1990LX with the 4.5 silver steelies. Ive never seen the white cast alum. Id like to find a set of those.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I have seen one set of the white cast aluminum, and that was a long time ago. :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I have a set of the gold colored wheels on my 91 GL and a spare set of gold colored wheels from my 91 GL that I parted out. I thought they were painted too untill I saw the second set!
          Paul
          91GL
          Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

The white cast wheels came on the GL Sport model's.
            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

i've seen a couple around my area with factory aluminum wheels

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I had a gold set on my 90 L Plus. Thought someone had painted them. Looked so bad I painted them black. But, what do I know. I had a pink studebaker. Painted it red. then found out it was a super rare color.

Comment

white wheels

i have some white aluminum wheels . plan is to list them[fs]on here as soon as i have time
                  1992 black GL
                  1991 white GL
                  1991 blue L parts car
                  1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
                  1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

Id just like to see what they look like. Could you post a pic? I know they look just like the other factory alloys but I wondered just how white the white one are.
                    sigpic

Comment

They'd match your cars!
                      Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

^ I know, I dont like the regular silver alloys on a white festiva, I think white alloys would look better on white.
                        sigpic

Comment

theres a gl sport in my local junkyard with white rims, car is completely trashed an i have 14s off a tracer lts so i dint check condition. ill do that tomorrow
                          is not sposed ta do that...
                          05 subaru legacy gt
                          1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                          1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Working...
                          X