Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva sightings

Hello all,

It seems rather ironic to me that on the day I'm not driving my Festiva (daughter is out of town with it) I see not one but two GL Sports in what appears to be very good shape. One was white and the other black. That's the first black one I've seen other than an "L" model at the Pick 'n' Pull quite a while ago.

Didn't have a chance to talk to either driver though.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

could it have been these 2 festy's... I do not know how far away you are from them
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

That would be too cool if it was those 2 Festy's.
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

i think there's quite a distance between calgary and victoria, there in different provinces

but your right packrat, that would be really cool if it was

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
          i think there's quite a distance between calgary and victoria, there in different provinces
          Yup, about a 12 hour drive through the Rockies, and then a ferry ride across to Vancouver Island. (I'm in Calgary with Ian, too)

Funny story: I had a friend from Florida who was planning to visit a friend of his in Toronto, and he was wondering if I could make it over for a visit one night, seeing as he was in the country. He was a little baffled when I explained to him just how big Canada is, and how it's over 2,000 miles just to get to that central part of the country.

Comment

Haha, I also had a Festiva encounter the other day when I ended up parking next to an ok-looking white gl at Sam's Club. I ended up getting blockaded in my spot by dozens of shopping carts (parked next to the cart holder thing)... :?

Comment

2 Sport model in 1 day! I want a Sport model for my daily car. I saw a blue one today (robin egg blue), Genevadirt showed it to me. I am always on the lookout for Festivas when going somewhere!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

^^same here whenever i see one i'll point it out to whoever i'm with

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i've been watching a white gl for the last week down the road from where i'm working. hadn't moved the whole time so i was gonna stop and see if they wanted to sell it. then today i saw a guy go out and wipe the snow off asnd drive away. too bad. oh well, a friend saw a blue one driving around w/ a 4-sale sign but he couldn't get the number. i've thought about running a wanted ad in the paper. there's so many around here and i can never find one for sale.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

i've been seeing a white one around my area a lot lately but never seem to see it with the guy getting in to it, and if i do see him driving around he's going the opposite way from me

Comment

I see about 2 a week here in the 'noke. I usually know the drivers though.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I know of quite a few near me to tell you the truth, prolly 5 I can think of off the top of my head.

Comment

Seen my first black festiva today 1989 with aluminum wheels and red stripe at the pick n pull looked well used.
                          Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                          99 Dodge Caravan SE
                          95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                          94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                          78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                          78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                          03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                          95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                          95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                          95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment