i had a dream... it was about smokey yunick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had a dream... it was about smokey yunick

ok i dont know why but last night i had a dream about smokey yunick and a festiva i rember long ago reading or hearing a story about smoke yunick made a car that was able to get like 80 mpg and he used a festiva as a test bed. does anyone have info on this??? or was it a crack head dream??

i just found this

Comment

I think it was a pontiac fiero
      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
      99 Dodge Caravan SE
      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

it was a fiero it was on horse power tv the other day

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

Smokey Yunick was a friggin' genius. The guy was incredibly creative, and found ways to legally or illegally cheat in every form of racing there ever was. Although, I must say I've never had a dream about him....pervert!

Comment

if you aint cheating you aint trying.
            91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
            00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
            88 gtx
            74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

very interesting read that. and while it did work id be really hard to mass produce. thing works on expansion from what i can see. kinda a quasi diesel. needs water and a very thin fuel mix. very interesting indeed...
              is not sposed ta do that...
              05 subaru legacy gt
              1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
              1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Wasn't that tested on Mythbusters and proven to be bunk?

Comment

Mythbusters rules!!
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

i searched discovery.com i couldnt find a episode that had to do with the vapor engine i did look on there message board and some people made a topiic about them trying it.....maybe its to hot of a subject for them to do??? theres so much info on it patents and blue prints i want to do one i think im just not a engineer

Comment

I remember reading that issue about Smoke's high mileage car.
                      I have been looking for that article for quite some time.
                      At the time he was only interested in getting one of the big three to buy it.

I also have the 200 mpg handbook from back during the 70's (I know where it is).

Smokey was a very unique individual. I enjoy reading about how he bent every rule in racing.
                      I bet he would even give NASCAR a fit today.
                      ~Jeff
                      1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                      1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                      2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

5.0 can you get me more info on that book? does it have plans/blue prints? i was going to check the library today.

Comment

Sure thing, let me go dig it up.
                          ~Jeff
                          1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                          1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                          2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

if i recalled corectly smokey had over a hundred patents for parts for the 350 chevy engine. i guess his family is doing well.

Comment

i want to know more about this project, but i dont think i am "car intelligent enough' to understand a lot of these things. is anyone on here going to try it? i think it would be a great project and help out our entire community in a big way.
                              There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Working...
                              X