Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS HAD THE MOST SUCCESS FINDING FESTI'S???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS HAD THE MOST SUCCESS FINDING FESTI'S???

JUST WONDERING BECAUSE LATER TODAY I AM GOING TO GO AROUND TOWN LOOKING FOR FESTIVIAS THAT ARE BROKE DOWN OR JUST IN RANDON DRIVEWAYS TO BUY ONE(OR A FEW).

if i get one that is 5 speed and EFI and has a good body im keepin it but if i find just random ones that are broke down i am going to part them out.
    well just wanted to know where a good place to start lookin for one would be. :roll:
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

if you find some little old lady that has a mint 91-92 that she wants to sell.... and you buy it.. I think I will shoot my self!

I have had good luck seaching with google, cars.com, autotrader exc... but I'm looking for a nice one, I find them, but they tend to be sold by the time I call... If you want to make some money and find a 91-92 with low miles (less then 65K) I would be VERY interested! I just missed a 91 model in RI with 27K on it for 1800.00 I'm so PISSED!
    93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

I know of a guy that has 20 parts cars and 10 project cars in the Virginia area, I have been trying to get him on here, but no luck.

Comment

i talk to tow truck drivers and tell them there is a finders fee if i buy one that they refer to me.

Comment

Sound like E. Nelson to me!

Pu241
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by miami man
            i talk to tow truck drivers and tell them there is a finders fee if i buy one that they refer to me.
            that's a good idea. You can also try to get the salvage yards to call when they get one in.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

the junkyard that i went to had a TURBO DSM for sale but he said he dont sell his cars for liability reasons or some shit. but i will try others...

Comment

well went to 5 trailor parks hoping someone would just randomely find one but no luck, i did source one in shelby though and when i went and talked to the guy he decided not to sell after all. it was so nice though with a near perfect body and a 5 speed, only problem was like 120k miles on it.

Comment

120,000 miles on a festiva is like new.
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
                    120,000 miles on a festiva is like new.
                    For real!!!! The average is like 300,000. I saw 2 in nov w/ almost 400,000. 120,000 really is low miles.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

URTOAST. Have you tried Craigslist.org? I found this the other day.

They list it as a "1994"

I have been searching for a Festiva or an Aspire for nearly a year now. These cars are extremely rare where I live (the Cape Cod area) and disappear just as fast as they get listed for sale. That car might not be up to your standards, but that would be a dream deal where I live.

Anyway, the reason I mention Craigslist is to give you another place to look in the hopes that you'll stop looking in MY backyard. It's hard enough trying to find one without having people from all over the place trying to snatch them out from under me.

Just kidding, good luck with your search.

PS.

I saw that "R.I." Festy in person (it was in Fall River, Massachusetts). Just before the new owner came to pick it up. The blue paint was beautiful. It looked nearly new. Had I been a few days earlier, it would have been all mine.

You think YOU were pissed? This was right down the road from me. I was REALLY pissed.
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

i did the same thing.. i even went outa state to find a festiva.. but no luck after 2 months of looking my wifes great grand father found onew ith 130k on it for 650 bucks... he ran a salvage yard and a car lot at the same time.. basically he bought cars rebuilt them and sold them.. most of his cars have rebuilt titles... but hey 650 bucks wasnt bad and i was tired of looking so i bought it.. it only cost me 15 quarts of oil..lol it had a blown cam seal or something.. but now shes not burning or loosing any oil... and i must say pretty damn fast.
                        1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                        festiva turbo b18 project
                        2001 BMW 325i
                        1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

well my damn neon is leakin oil now and i just replaced the valve cover gasket set, so im going to look around and try to find this one... kinda mad but not in the arena so i wont post my hatred for my peon.

last night i had a dream i bought a festi and a capri and the capri engine swapped itself(how convienant), and i went and was about to race someone, and that is all i remember from that dream :'(

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan
                            URTOAST. Have you tried Craigslist.org? I found this the other day.

They list it as a "1994"

I have been searching for a Festiva or an Aspire for nearly a year now. These cars are extremely rare where I live (the Cape Cod area) and disappear just as fast as they get listed for sale. That car might not be up to your standards, but that would be a dream deal where I live.

Anyway, the reason I mention Craigslist is to give you another place to look in the hopes that you'll stop looking in MY backyard. It's hard enough trying to find one without having people from all over the place trying to snatch them out from under me.

Just kidding, good luck with your search.

PS.

I saw that "R.I." Festy in person (it was in Fall River, Massachusetts). Just before the new owner came to pick it up. The blue paint was beautiful. It looked nearly new. Had I been a few days earlier, it would have been all mine.

You think YOU were pissed? This was right down the road from me. I was REALLY pissed.
                            Every day! I check Craigs list every day! Some day I guess.... I just feel this project slipping away soon if I dont get started on it.. Yea that RI car was sweet! I talked to to the seller, and he said he was going to try to find the buyers number so i can offer him some more money for it... we will see. I have a private investigator friend that is trying to do some DMV searching for me now... I hope thats the jackpot! :wink:
                            93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

Oh, my 88 red 4speed festiva only has 68,000 miles on it. Festiva has always treated me wonderfully. Love it. Recently tho, I bot a Dodge Caliber CVT hatchback which I also have fallen in love with. The CVT tranny uses a pulley system for continual shifting that you never feel. On a smooth pavement it is a magic carpet(I really mean that). If the Dodge & Festiva continue running well, some years from now, my next car will be a full electric car(if I can afford it).

Comment

Working...
                              X