Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

88 festiva 4speed. just purchased need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 festiva 4speed. just purchased need advice.

I just acquired a 1988 festiva 4speed. it has a clean solid body but there is some serous looking rust damage underneath. I need some advice as to what to do with it.

The framerail has a huge hole rusted in it.. it looks like it came from driving the car with the tailpipe broke off at the converter because thats right where the damage is. The rest of the car is in pretty nice shape and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a repair or should i cut and run?

Don.

Could you get a picture of it? I wouldn't cut and run for only one serious rust spot on a festiva, consider yourself lucky there isn't more.

Comment

Has anyone build subframe connectors for a festi?

Comment

for some reason these are dark..... If you need a better pic, I cna wait till it gets dark outside then my camera takes much better pics.

Comment

Dark but it looks like someone replaced some rusted brake lines.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

yea... I need a better pic. I guess Im just an idiot. The body was so nice and the interior was so clean I never thought to look under the car...

Im talkign to a friend about building a full frame under it, he says for the price of some 2x2 square tubing and a couple of brackets there wont be any problems

Comment

I agree. Use square tubing or a piece of angle iron and weld it up.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
              BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
              BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
              New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Well, I'm not one to do things half way... Or at least I like to brag about it.

What could go wrong if I decided to go full frame on this piece?

The next question is what do I do to get rid of the carb? just a engine swap the simplest? or do I attempt to convert my engine to FI?
                Originally this car was supposed to be a 93 5speed... when I saw the body I kinda got narrowminded about the rest of the project and bought it anyways.

I also have a turbo exp as a donor if I decided to go that route.... but Id rather have some sort of NA dohc motor.. Honestly I just want something fun that sounds like it might be fast.. I have a fast car this will just be a toy for me.

Comment

if the body can be saved, rebuild the motor and massage the head, ie reshape the chamber 3 angle valve job, fms street cam. then port the exhaust manifold and run a 2.25 exhaust engine back with 2 14 inch magnaflow mufflers. itll go pretty decent, sound good, and by dint of no wieght handle well. prolly swap the carb with some manifold modification and a jet kit.
                  is not sposed ta do that...
                  05 subaru legacy gt
                  1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                  1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

I might have found an MX-3 donor.. can i use anything more than the engine?

Comment

Hey I started a topic in the proper area, I am still begging for help.
                      I have pictures of the car, liek I said it looks nice from the outside.... and really really bad underneath...
                      Im hoping maybe I can offload it quick without losing much money. I found a 91 with engine issues and I htink I might work a trade. Its a shame to becasue i think the 88 looks good....

Comment

Working...
                      X