Why Not Turb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Not Turb?

im still looking for my fun top 121 to throw my b6t into and in the mean time ive been look around and there have been quite a few transfers but 99% NON-TURB :? . i dont get it. on sites like fordlaser.com 99% of transfer are turb. :?:

BTW can some1 PLEEEEEEESE show me a pic of a festiva/121 with front mount
    WTD: Festiva/121
    NEW:87" Mazda BFSP With DOHC Turbo Transplant
    OLD:87" Mazda DOHC 4WD Turbo Sedan
    91" Subaru Legacy GT
    89" AE92 FX-GT Riced + Others

I looked and looked until I found a complete turbo engine and when I picked it up; it was missing the turbo anyways!

You just have to keep looking and you'll find something (even if you have to piece it together)

And FWIW, I'm not aware that anyone has a fully front mounted intercooler completed on their Festiva. The only person I know who was attempting was Chris and he's not showing pictures until it's out and running.

Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Okay, man I showed you this once. This is last time I post it for you.

Comment

yeah its an intercooler

But is it hooked up? We don't know your not showing pictures, just stay quite untill you finish your econo evo, and then blow our minds.

Does anyone know if the SOHC harness on a BP will work on the DOHC?

Logan

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's hooked up or not.

The guy asked for a FMIC, which that is.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

did you find a turbo, Simon? I have a brand new VJ11 in the box, if you're interested....
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN
              Okay, man I showed you this once. This is last time I post it for you.

Holy shit it might actually exist!!

Comment

be looking for pics of my fmic behind the fms front bumper.
                http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

it does indeed matter if its hooked up or not.

i could throw a couple rotarys in the trunk of my festi and claim to have a twin rotary festiva, but untill they are hooked up and running and moving my car down the highway it wont mean shit.

Comment

While still in possesion of my long gone 94 Assfire, I was picking up a 5.0 block from my local machinist. The Assfire's muffler had a ruptured seam, and sounded pretty mean at idle. I was waiting to make a left hand turn, and an Eagle Talon TSI rolls up next to. He looks over, snickers, and says, "hey man, whadaya got in that thing?". I smiled and said, "I've got 5.0 in the back! Wanna see?". He politely declined, and pulled away nervously when the light changed.....
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by CryptokiD
                      it does indeed matter if its hooked up or not.

i could throw a couple rotarys in the trunk of my festi and claim to have a twin rotary festiva, but untill they are hooked up and running and moving my car down the highway it wont mean shit.
                      There's a huge difference in your analogy, Crypto, which is based around parts thrown in the back of a Festiva vs. someone that took the time to think up of the location for the FMIC, and actually mounting it to the car.

If you notice, EVO's installation even is based around his front air dam opening.

Whether he has the IC hoses attached is of no consequence. He's following one of several typical progressions for an IC installation ( mount first, then hoses ).
                      Rich Norman
                      5 Festivas:
                      1992 L - Daily Driver
                      1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                      1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                      1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                      1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

rich, untill the intercooler tubes are hooked up that intercooler is only wasted time, space and money.

my analogy may be a little sarcastic, and extreme, but it isnt flawed.

Comment

Wasted time, space and money? Not at all. He has succesfully mounted the intercooler in front of the engine, which proves that it can be done. If I'm not mistaken that was the point of this entire thread- to show a Festiva with an FMIC.

Also out of respect for the work that went into mounting the IC and all the work he has put into his car, you really shouldn't tell him he's wasting his time and money. Just a thought.
                          What you don't stop at the door, you have to deal with on the floor.

Comment

^Yeah what they said!

Comment

Working...
                            X