263hp MazdaSpeed 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 263hp MazdaSpeed 3

I was just at the Auto Expo (new cars) in Raleigh, NC.
    Saw a few interesting cars, but the MazdaSpeed 3 relay got my attention.

It has a Turbo 2.3L 16v with up to 16lbs of boost making 263hp! And a 6 speed.

It had more power that the RX8 they had there.
    Now if I could just get that stuffed in the Festiva.

A couple of other vehicles worth mentioning were the
    Jeep Hurricane http://www.jeep-hurricane.com/
    Shelby GR1 http://media.ford.com/newsroom/featu...?release=19670
    ~Jeff
    1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
    1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
    2003 Mustang GT 5speed

wow, im a jeep guy and that made me nearly cry.
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Yeah they nice, aren't they?
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Nice car needs to lose two of those doors.
        Maybe use the half doors off of the RX8.
        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
        99 Dodge Caravan SE
        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

I'm lovin that 3. I've liked their looks for a while. That horsepower seals the deal for me. That jeep is insane! Man that looks like fun. The shelby GR-1 concept looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Jeep is going down hill fast, I will just hang onto my YJ, and stick with mazda for my fast toys.

Comment

Think that jeep has enough guages? Its looks like its got seperate guages for each motor or something maybe. Anyway, I like the 3, it actually reminds me a lot of the protege5 wagons. I still wanna see mazda do something amazing with the 6 though, theres a lot of room under that hood for something pretty exciting
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
                Jeep is going down hill fast, I will just hang onto my YJ, and stick with mazda for my fast toys.
                I agree that Jeep is loosing it's original rugged macho name with it's new lineup (compass, liberty, etc) but they are selling rather well. Especially the new wrangler, I see a lot of those on the roads. Jeep is experimenting with a new market, and the original Jeep fans are not liking it.

If they release the Hurricane, it will be in extremely limited quantities, and they probably wouldnt make much profit, if anything at all. I think it was just a stunt to try to revitalize their rugged offroad name again.
                performance > cosmetics

Comment

if i ever sold my festy i would buy a mazda 6. a mazdaspeed 6 with a manual tranny, preferably. i love those cars.
                  89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                  92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                  New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

id like the mazdaspeed3 better if it were a 2 dr model.
                    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by kabbage
                      Originally posted by Gforcefd
                      I agree that Jeep is loosing it's original rugged macho name with it's new lineup (compass, liberty, etc) but they are selling rather well. Especially the new wrangler, I see a lot of those on the roads. Jeep is experimenting with a new market, and the original Jeep fans are not liking it.

If they release the Hurricane, it will be in extremely limited quantities, and they probably wouldnt make much profit, if anything at all. I think it was just a stunt to try to revitalize their rugged offroad name again.
                      The liberty was rated to go in 21 inches of water w/o voiding the warrenty. That sounds pretty rugged to me.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
                        id like the mazdaspeed3 better if it were a 2 dr model.
                        I'd like to see it as a 3 door, but I like wagons so the 5 door is really cool to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X