new problem arouse tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new problem arouse tonight

evidently i have a loose wire on the keyless system, so tommorw im gonna solder all the connections, as i only connected then with crimp connectors and elec tape. so tomm = soldering while raining =( lol
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

ok so i pulled the car in the garage, soldered all power wires and ignition and starter wires, the rest have no problem so far so i left them be for now. plus i burnt my self several times when the solder fell on my shoe and i let it sit there for a min or 2 and then tried to grab it to pull it off lol, DO NOT DO THAT WAIT ATLEAST 10 MIN BEFORE TOUCHING THIS CRAP lol

anyway it all seems good to go for now.

Comment

On your shoe? Try having it land on your leg while wearing shorts.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

ive done that to lol it hurts

Comment

I used to make money restoring vintage radios and TV sets, and I would get burned all the time.

I have tons of tiny red scars on my hands and legs...

Builds character.
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I got All you beat. I was welding in sandal's. Yeah the slag really hury when it sits between the side of the nail & the skin there. Didn't notice it till I smelled something. Ouch.
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
              I got All you beat. I was welding in sandal's. Yeah the slag really hury when it sits between the side of the nail & the skin there. Didn't notice it till I smelled something. Ouch.
              SANDALS?!?!

LOL!!!

Comment

Ever catch slag in your eye...thats what happened to an idiot in our welding class at our technical college back in the day.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                ---------------------------------------------------
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

No I still was smart enough to use a welding helmet. I didn't think about the sandals though. Oh well I was young & dumb. Alicia said she's caught some in her bra. She says it burn bbad cause she couldn't get it out fast.
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I've caught it in the front pocket with my shirt tucked in.. not fun.. went through got me in 4 places.. grrr

Comment

I was 10 years old playing with solder, talking on the phone. I used to sort of draw with it. I would keep it heated, drag it around and make animal shapes. It got a bubble in it and popped in my eye! It was small enough that the tears cooled it instantly. It did really hurt. It did scare the crap out of me though. Then there was the time I picked up the soldering iron like a pencil... you know ... towards the tip!! Arg!! skin rolled off on that one.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                        I was 10 years old playing with solder, talking on the phone. I used to sort of draw with it. I would keep it heated, drag it around and make animal shapes. It got a bubble in it and popped in my eye! It was small enough that the tears cooled it instantly. It did really hurt. It did scare the crap out of me though. Then there was the time I picked up the soldering iron like a pencil... you know ... towards the tip!! Arg!! skin rolled off on that one.

ouch lol that had to freakin hurt

anyway in shop class in hs 2 years ago, i was welding some motor mounts, and when i got done i grabbed the opposite end from where i was welding, figured itd still be cool, i grabed hold, went to take it to my locker, and it ended up against the wall lol. the teacher looked at me then looked what was thrown and just laughed. and goes and i shit you not "a little hot?" i reply with "no just freaking cold as heck" lol when it was acutally hot lol.

Comment

A good one is to rest it on your bench, turn around to get something off the shelf and then back into it.

Comment

A guy i went to high school with was using the cutting torch and his foot was underneath the piece he was cutting. luckily the slag dripped right between his toes and only burnt them a little.

Comment

Working...
                            X