Trouble staying motivated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble staying motivated...

The past couple months I've been really unmotivated and I don't want to work on the Festiva at all. Everything was going good on it til the fusible links and all the wiring in it went to sh*t and now I have a wiring job to do on it. Sometime I just don't want to do anything to it. I also have my BP motor torn apart ready to be cleaned up and put together. I just feel like selling the car and not even going through with the project. It has the aspire brake swap, tach cluster, new e-brake cable, new shifter bushings, 20% tint, new valve cover gasket, and is really clean all around. I put a decent amount of work into it already. I do everything on my own. I never pay anyone to do it since I had all the resources as I was a technician at a Ford dealership. How does everyone stay motivated to work on their cars?

What can I tell you? I suppose the thing to do is focus on the things you have got done, and realize that you're pretty far along already. Why turn back now? It'd be a waste of all the effort you've made thus far.

Maybe take a day away from it altogether, clear your mind, and break the task at hand into smaller, more manageable jobs. I've been building mine, as well, and I've tried as much as possible to stay focused on one thing at a time. It's working pretty good so far, and I'm very slowly seeing the pile of parts get smaller.

Stay cool. You can do it!

Comment

I stay motivated by trying to one up people & I like playing with cars. It doesn't seem to be a chore to me.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Good insight. Thanks boys!

Comment

Yeah, I go through that all the time.. That's why I have more than 1.. When I get frustrated or burned out fighting with something, I blow it off and do some mods to one of my other Festivas.. I always go back at it, but to this day I still don't have a single 100% completed Festiva.. But one day I'll have a few done at the same time.

Comment

Take a break away from it. I started on my SHO swap in august and worked hard and heavy on it for a couple months then just had to take a break. I went on vacation in Januray and I leaving again Wednesday. When I get back I plan on starting back on it.

Sometimes you just need a breather.
            money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I have motivation issues too. Mostly due to my weird work schedule and tiredness.

What really helps is working on it with a friend.

Regards,

Tim
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

It's funny that I'm not less motivated, seeing as I don't even have my own garage. I rely on a friend's place to work. It make the logistics of the whole thing a pain in the a$$, but it's what I've got to work with.

Comment

All good advice, BB.

I also suffer from "lack of motivation" sometimes. Sometimes we just need a break to do other things, or nothing at all.

Try finding another Festiva/Aspire owner around your area and meeting up to talk shop, visit a 'yard or do some work.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I have dedicated passion for my festiva...i never get tired of working on it.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i have some lawn mowers that needed work so i have put it off for a year but last weekend i got one running and it felt good because my good one broke down.

Comment

lol when your doing something you love you never get tired of it.

took me a year to get the grem tagged but when i did it was a great feeling because of all I had to do to it and 99% of it i did by my self.
                        2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                        1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                        1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                        http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

It would definetly be more fun to get a friend to help work on it but a lot of my friends work weird schedules, as do I. I think working something out with a friend is just what I need to do. I actually started working on it again yesterday and I must say it felt really nice. Need to get the fusible links working again. I put some inline fuses in there just need to find the correct spades to fit in the fuse box and it'll be up and running.

Comment

Its like... How do you eating an elephant?
                            One bite at a time.

Don't look at everything that needs being done.
                            Focus on one part and work on that.
                            Once you get that completed it will energize you to work on the next part.

When you realy get bogged down.
                            Work on a part that you will enjoy even if its not what needs to be done at the moment.
                            It will help get you motivated again.

Its just a little Festiva, take little bites
                            ~Jeff
                            1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                            1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                            2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

I am finally motivated and started on my B6T swap! Theres no turning back now!
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X