Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first encounter with................New vid posted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first encounter with................New vid posted!

UPDATE AT END OF THREAD!!

I have been a member here for a while now but do not own our operate a festiva. I have just always loved their "Econobox" style and performance. I have been looking for one for about six mounths now and no luck due to my location(wealthy suburban area). Anyway, while driving through the mountains today, I saw a very ugly teal festy peering through the gates of a used car dealer. I yanked my car of the road and right into the lot. The car was in the worst shape, but i did not care, I just wanted to drive the damn thing. It has worn clutch, 3 gallons of water in the spare tire well, purple tint, a exhaust leak, and about 50 other problems but i went on to get the keys from the lot owner. Pulling out of the parking space I was reminded the Festivas lacked power steering. I eventually made it out on to the road and by then the engine was already warm so I whipped it through the gears. It took a whole 20 seconds to reach 60mph(downhill), but I did not care, I was loving the plush ride. My adrenaline took over and the rest of the test drive was just a blur.

I asked the dealer how much they wanted and was shocked when $2300 was what they settled on. I swallowed my pride and went on without the Festiva. Even though this was a less than perfect first experience with the Econobox, my heart is still yearning for the day I find the perfect one at the perfect price.

My Name is Kevin Mayne and I am a 15 year old sophmore in high school. I hope to find a Festiva in the next few months that way I can have a car for the summer. I actually already own and drive a car(Acura Integra 5-SPD), but just want a second car I can wrench on in my free time.

Kev

I hear ya man, I am also 15 and just got my first festy, I was over a year looking for the perfect one, mine is a 93 gl sport, just what I wanted. Keep looking and eventually you will find the perfect one!
    1993 GL Sport

Comment

Just dont do like me, give up and buy the most dirty abused rusted festiva that even a j/y wouldn't have boughten.
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

a good festiva is definitely worth the wait... don't worry so much about how well it runs and stuff, but look for a decent interior and a solid body. The reason I don't recommend focusing on the engine as much is that after you've been driving it for a few months, you will decide to do a motor swap for more power anyway
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I agree with you %100 htchbck. All I hope for is a straight body, good glass, and a decent interior. I do hope to do an engine swap because the main purpose of this car is to have some thing I can drive when my other car is not running, something I can work on, and something to have fun in.

Comment

put a set of SR 145 12's on the front pumped to the 40 psi max-you'll have power steering. a festy is a great choice for a 1st (and for some 2nd, 3rd,4th etc.) car. cheap to keep and insure. not difficult to learn to fix and not fast enough to get into trouble. just stay away from the engine swap forums on this site. that's where young minds are corrupted

Comment

^^^muahahahahahaha..

Comment

^^^^^ plus 1 :lol: (its also rumored that visiting the engine swap forums increases your likelihood of getting a speeding ticket by over 173.9%)
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Welcome Kev! Keep looking and you'll find one. In the meantime, you can begin collecting PARTS!!

(And corrupting ideas, not that we're a "bad influence" or anything...)

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Well hes hooked now! Why don't you place a want add in the FS section and list your location and maybe someone here can help find a Festiva for you!
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

welcome kev. what wealthy suburban area are you from?
                      your location that is. if you are in larger city you may to
                      expand our search outside the wealthy area. i havent seen
                      many festivas round them parts. you have another car now?
                      what kind is that? gl to ya.
                      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I live in Alpharetta GA. To be honest, I have not been looking night and day due to school right now. I am a struggling student. My 16th birthday is at the beginning of June so I hope to have a Festiva before then. My friends and family know I am looking for one at the moment and none of them are thrilled to say the least.

I do want an engine swap but I am not planning on pushing 200whp. Drivers here in Alpharetta are very "Spirited", and I dont think that the festy would be able to keep up in its stock state. I want to do a N/A 1.8 BP engine swap. It just seems the most economical for what I want to do with it. If it is not fast enough I can just go buy another festiva.Right? 8)

I had a dream about getting pulled over in a festiva while doing 70mph in a 55mph zone. I was very akward. I hope it never happens. Have any of you guys been pulled over for breaking the speed limit?

Comment

^^^ lols I never break the speed limit.. Think about it this way.. Your lined up with a ricer at a red light.. (You know, Honda with altezzas, a big fart can and a huge wing..) You both start burning out before the light turns green.. Lots of smoke.. Light is about to turn green and you spy a cop pulling up.. The light turns green and you drive away normally.. Who do you think is getting the ticket?? Most likely not you. After all you're in a Festiva.. Cops know they are enconocars with very little hp.. So there's 1 more ricer in court.. :twisted:

Comment

Re: My first encounter with a rare breed, the Festiva!

Originally posted by av8ter
                            Anyway, while driving through the mountains today, I am a 15 year old sophmore in high school.
                            Kev
                            Welcome to the site Kevin, you are younger then most festivas, can you legally drive in Ga at 15. I agree with 25Horseplay post an [WTB] in the for sale/ wanted area. Good luck with your search its half the fun. It good to see festivas have a timeless appeal
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I have a "instructional driving permit" which allows me to drive with any licensed driver over the age of 21. I usually just drive with my dad but some times I go out driving with some of my older friends(legally of course :iroc. My dad lets drive fast so I don't complain much. I learned how to drive my 5-spd last July so now I am really good at it. I can heel-toe, double-clutch, and some other things. I am a bad driver when I drive automatics because I often lose focus, but driving a stick shift helps me stay concentrated(and it is a whole lot of fun).

Thank you guys for being such a cool group of enthusiasts. It is awesome to see other people take interest in such a goofy car. The amount of support here is greater than any other forum I belong to.

Thanks,
                              Kev

Comment

Working...
                              X