What mods to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mods to do?

It took about an hour and probably weighed about 40lb overall. Did the rear seatbelts too, those were annoying.

I was thinking about getting rid of the spare, but then I'd have this big hole in the floor and any bridge I could put in would weigh about as much as the spare.

I am thinking of getting a short shifter and then working on suspension. If I were to get the sports springs and struts would it change anything if I did an aspire brake swap later?
    OX SMASH!!

Rear seat belts, the seat, the spare tire. You could pull stuff like the carpet and what not, but you'll have a loud ride.

If you have automatic belts, you can swap to the old manual ones easier and save a bunch of weight.

You can swap the Aspire brakes and use the lowering springs/struts from the Festiva.

Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I got the rear belts and buckles out when I did the seat. (stupid odd sized bolts) I'm going to pull the speakers out too since the radio is broken and I'm half deaf anyway.

There are some minor things I have to get done, otherwise I got about $1k to spend on stuff for now.
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

I cut out my spare tire well and welded in 1/8" sheet metal over the hole. Same depth as the stock metal, so it's just as sturdy. Been driving it like that for 6 months now with no problem. Now all I need to do is find a way to relocate my gas tank so I can put together a true straight pipe.
        GT

Comment

i had the idea of cutting out the spare tyre well also. i was going to rivet a 16th inch piece of aluminum over the hole though, for weight savings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindred
            I cut out my spare tire well and welded in 1/8" sheet metal over the hole. Same depth as the stock metal, so it's just as sturdy. Been driving it like that for 6 months now with no problem. Now all I need to do is find a way to relocate my gas tank so I can put together a true straight pipe.
            How about cutting a sqaure out of the rear floor pan and then making a recessed box which can hold a fuel cell?
            * Retired Festiva-er*
            1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
            B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Working...
            X