Observations du jour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations du jour.

Y'know, a couple of things have been on my mind this evening, and I thought I'd share them.

1. I realized today that this is the only website I check or visit on a regular basis anymore. Usually 10 times a day. I belong to other boards, but I really like this one more than those.

2. There was this other board I used to belong to a few years ago when I was also running a tiny little business building otherwise unobtainable performance parts. (Hey, someone's got to take up the niche market created by 18 fanatical Saturn owners)

One of the reasons I dropped away from that board, and out of the business, was that the majority of those guys were immature, unintelligent, and rude idiots: I'd try to sell them custom made parts at (materials only) cost, and they'd bitch that I was charging too much. So, we'd strike a deal, and I either wouldn't get paid, or I'd get badmouthed for charging so much. (about 25% of the competition's price, and their costs were less than 25% of mine!)

You guys are much cooler than that.

3. There's only one thing I like about my job (I work for a Porsche dealer) and that is occasionally, a really rare car will come in for service. Today, there's a Carrera GT on the hoist. The engine and trans are out of it for clutch work. Standing under that car, looking into it's workings and seeing the engine and trans on the stand is absolutely awe inspiring. The engineering in that car is positively second to none. (and it's got more carbon fiber that an Airbus A380!)

Well, that's about it. I'm going to go build a new website now, with some nice how to's and stuff.

Jim

im going to build one for part interchanges for festivas and aspires when i get around to it lol
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

One thing I've noticed about this board is how well it's run.

I post on several boards and this one is perhaps the best one.

The moderators do a good job, everyone is polite and helpful, there are almost no troublemakers, and most of the discussions are intelligent. I think we've had 4 troublemakers and every one of them has been banned.

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

oh yeah... the whole Festiva part is cool too.
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
        X