trannie swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trannie swap

i Have a 88 festiva 4 speed want to know if the 5 speed trannie will swap in place of the 4 speed using the same axles and clutch any help would be great

Yep direct swap, real easy, one out other one in.

Comment

will the swap give me any more gas milage
      or just better top end?

Comment

Gas mileage yes, top speed... dont know. The fourth on a five speed is the same as fourth on a four speed.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

If you have the stock motor you can go faster in 4th than 5th, because the b3 doesn't make enough power to overcome wind resistance in 5th while in 4th it does
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

but 4th gear in the 5spd is the same as 4th gear in the 4spd so ya. on the highway i'd imagine youd get better mileage with the 5 spd.

the first 4 gears in the 5spd are the same ratios as the 4 gears in the 4 spd so your better off with the 5spd
            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
            RIP 90LX

Comment

^ agreed I was just stating that he wouldn't get a higher topend with the b3 with the 5speed over the 4.
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Is "Trannie swap" a spinoff of "Wife Swap"?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Working...
                X