X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r34king
    replied
    Well, what can i say that everyone else hasn't said. Im terribly sorry for your loss. I wish i had met him, I only knew him from on the forums. Such a great person.

You will be missed DJ :cry: :dj: :cry:

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    Holy crap, i can't believe such an active and ingenious man can just go like that with no warning. My condolences (sp) to the family and sympathy goes to the FF.com family. this is a major loss, but with DJ as our inspiration, I hope we can all pull together and keep this site as strong and helpful as ever.

-Arty

Leave a comment:

• todd00
    replied
    The forum members of toyotavanpeople.com want to send their
    condolences to the Hayek family.

Follow festiva member, Brenton Netz and i are also members
    over there.

Leave a comment:

• jlord16
    replied
    While i never met or really had a conversation online with DJ, i read alot of his posts and could see he was a very knoweldgable and passionate man. Its sad to see someone who is still fairly young (in the grand scheme of things) pass away. My thoughts are with his family and friends

RIP

Leave a comment:

• Roland
    replied
    Good people & and good leaders we always miss when they're gone. Good friends? Twice as much..... Never met him in person and now wish I had. Godspeed DJ.

Roland

Leave a comment:

• monkeyracing
    replied
    Well, this certainly is not good news, for anyone involved. I hope his family and this one are holding up alright.

DJ, as everyone else has stated, was a generous, warm guy.

I miss him already.

Leave a comment:

• 88FESTIVAGTR
    replied
    My prayers to your family. D.J. touched more lives than he knew. Mine was one of them. I will always remeber him

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by mechanicaldj
    PS thank you PU241 for calling me and letting me know and i've contacted FB71 so he can pass along the word.
    No thanks necessary, you are part of the festiva family even if your not around much anymore!

Just wish this were some kind of horrible joke on me, and I'll get a call/email from DJ saying "we got you good didn't we"!

Pu241

Leave a comment:

• mechanicaldj
    Guest replied
    Really sorry for your loss Travis

I never met or even talked to him, just a few emails

was really wanting to meet him someday , so he could kick my ass for resigning my moderator status.

Will miss him dearly

PS thank you PU241 for calling me and letting me know and i've contacted FB71 so he can pass along the word.

Leave a comment:

• Silv3rBull3t
    replied
    Just reading his posts after the fact makes me realize what an enthusiast/passionate Festiva owner is all about/should be all about. I am glad I have been around the past few years to read and follow his lead in his love for Festiva's.. -Kyle

RIP DJ you always will be the man.

Leave a comment:

• Loner181
    replied
    Hey Travis sorry for not getting on the board sooner but, as you know have been busy with my own site and sick as well. Sorry to hear about your dad and as you know he was one of my best friends as well as my ex-business partner. I have talked with you mom the day of and Diane and I have talked with her since. I will be stopping by tomorrow but, if you need me or if any of you need me for information or anything contact me sooner at work. I hope that you are all holding together and I am extremely sorry that things had to go this way for you at this time. See you guys tomorrow to try and help your mom get things sorted with the computer and bank stuff. Hold tight guy and try and keep your chin up as I know it it going to be hard.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• nightdweller
    replied
    This is a tragic thing. I never met the man but given his dedication to the Festiva family and the support he gave to everyone he will be missed.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• el festy
    replied
    R.I.P. DJ, you will be in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• GreenTiva
    replied
    my condolences to DJ Hayek RIP and we all know by now youll still be modding you festiva to this sickest in that great gig in the sky

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    logged on sat. and read about this devastating news. made a run through the various forums pretending it was buisness as usual. today as the realization has sunk in i need to add my grief to all the above and below this post. i only met Dj (and Travis i believe) once at a festiva festival in the early 2000's. i wasn't aware of Dj's stature at the time in the world (and it is a different one) of festivas. he was friendly, unassuming and enthusiastic about what would become a passion for me as well. i left with an ff.com window sticker and a new direction. i am a relative newcomer to the site itself but have always respected Dj's devotion and maturity to its existence. i am not writing this today as a festiva owner or a member of the site but rather just to express my sympathies to those for whom he mattered most. i can only imagine that if he put half as much devotion to other facets of his too short life that he put into this club, many others have benefitted from being a part of that life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X