US money order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US money order

I got a US money order, it says "negotiable in the US only" or something like that. Will be able to cash it in canada? Ive never heard of problems like this, but who knows?
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Is it a US Postal Money order? If so, I have a feeling it'll be US only... Although, it probably depends on where you cash it as well.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

go to one of those exchange places, that they have near US/Canadian Borders, they might beable to cash it.

Comment

yeah, its a US postal money order. to be exact it says "Negotiable Only In The U.S. And Possessions See Reverse Warning" and on the back it just repeats the same warning.
        RIP 90LX

Comment

Take it to the bank and see what happens.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Aww, dude, that sucks! When I ran my business I always made sure my US customers knew not to send me those things. I specified "International" money orders.

You'll have to ask (in all likelihood) that the person re-send you the money, while you return the one they sent in the first place.

Sorry 'bout the bad news.

Comment

the us post office does have international money orders. the guy probably just didnt ask when he bought it. if you return it to him, bet he can exchange it at the post office for the international kind. still a hassle though.
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

yea, i tried the bank today. no luck!

i always hear people talking about money orders so it never occurred to me that there would be issues with them internationally.

so for any canadians reading this, dont make the same mistake!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracing
                  Aww, dude, that sucks! When I ran my business I always made sure my US customers knew not to send me those things. I specified "International" money orders.

You'll have to ask (in all likelihood) that the person re-send you the money, while you return the one they sent in the first place.

Sorry 'bout the bad news.
                  I was going to say that!!!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I did it!!

Ok, it was me. I am the one that sent the wrong money order to Stefan. I have a post office near where I work and one about 15 miles from my home in the nearest town. I used the one near my work and they have proven to be great examples of people who hold down low lever government jobs......I should have known better.

Went to my regular U.S. Post office in the nearby town today. They told me there are two kinds of money orders they sell, domestic for US only, and International, for sending out of the country. In this day and age of emailing anyone on this planet in seconds, I am at a loss to explain why they have to have two. They also said not all US post offices sell the international variety, so if you plan on getting one, you might want to call ahead to make sure your branch sells them.

So I have purchased an International Money Order and sent it on its way to Stefan in Canada.

I hope this helps us get through until we all realize that we are all people sharing the same rock floating in space and if we do not eventually think globally in everything, the rock itself may be the only thing left.

Art (Zfestiva)

Comment

Fantastic !!
                      Problem solved , Thanks Art .
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                      X