Ford Festiva with 600 000km on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Festiva with 600 000km on it

I just picked up my my first 1991 ford festiva off my older brother as a gift. and to my surprise it already had 600k kilometers clocked on it! an amazing feat i think that it still runs good =P the brakes were so worn down on the rear that all that was left was metal and the drums are not damaged. this car needs alot of work though hehe.

lots of wires hanging everywhere that where used to hook up random devices, trunk is missing the latch so its tied down via cables to the back seat. really bad interior rips and burns, and a seized emergency brake. im trying to see how he got this thing to pass inspection 3 months ago =P

but im truly amazed and excited to get this festiva working

Welcome to the board ! Got any pics? Where are you located?
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Welcome to Ford Festiva.com! If you let us know where you are from maybe some members can help with parts!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Welcome! Your first post was on my birthday!! Lets see some pics of that "beater"!! We'll show you how to get it back into shape!! If you need any parts just ask!!
        *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

welcome! Im guessing since he said kilometers hes not in the us but i could be wrong. yes do get some pics up
          Jason
          wishing i had a festi again

Comment

Guessing North of the Border. Wonder what that works out to in Miles???

Welcome to the Board, Hermit. Pics would be awesome.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

600k km. is 372,822.6 miles
              2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
              1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
              1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
              http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

600k km. is 372,822.6 miles
                Awesome. Are you that much of a nerd, or did you have to go look that up?? Lol.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

used my nifty converter on my phone lol
                  2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                  1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                  1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                  http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

its jacked up in the car port with the rear drums off. we had an unexpected 3 feet of snow. and I got stuck getting my rear brakes back on so its all left open thank god it was in the car port and not the yard. itd be sinking into the mud by now haha. ya so anyway right now my problem is the rear brakes.. i got the drum offf, old pair of brakes off and old springs off and in the garbage, put on the new springs and new shoes. but now the drum wont fit over the new shoes .

btw im from canada, alberta, in a small town near calgary.

and its cold so as soon as the snow dries up ill snap some shots

Comment

welcome! If you cant get the drums back on you probably have to move the adjustors in a few clicks. If you dont understand what i mean ill go take a picture later.
                      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                      RIP 90LX

Comment

Heya, welcome to the board. I'm in Calgary (Fastivaca is here too) so if you need any help, let us know. If you can't make it into town to find parts, we both hit PnP pretty regular, so we're usually on top of what's available out there.

D'ya think the weather's going to stabilize yet, or are you expecting yet another dump of snow? The weather here for the past 2 months has been like menopause: hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold....

Comment

even with the adjuster clicked all the way down it doesnt fit, thats my problem the brakes came with the car and there made by jasper, all the holes and stuff are the same and the pads are the same size, so im lost as to what to do

and i sure do hope it dries up for longer then 2 days soon so i can do some work on my festiva hehe. seems like everytime i have a day off its snowing. and im stuck at work when its +15-20 lol

managed to put a brand new unpainted grill on my festiva today. hehe

will add more later. camera died while uploading pics to my cpu =/

stefan now im thinking that picture might be a god send.

Comment

Ok. watcha gotta do is push the cam thingger (getting very technical here) all the way back. Use a flat screwdriver for this. Then, your backing plate might be rusty, and your springs weak, so push each shoe inward at the same time with your hands incase there hanging up on something and not pulling all the way in. Also make sure that neither of the shoes are pushed higher than the other / so they are aligned making a circle. Now you should be able to slip the drum on.

God luck!
                            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                            RIP 90LX

Comment

thank you very much stefan and the rest of the crew, got both drums back on with a lot of patience in order to get them on i had to stick a screwdriver behind to pull it outwards so i could get the last 2 clicks in while using the other screw driver to click it in. it went on smoothly 90% of the way and i had to use a rubber mallet to get it on the last 10% of the way. hopefully that didnt hurt anything.

next project - fix the rear trunk hatch and remove the old tiedown on the back of my seats thats holding the trunk closed. lol

and then.. - figure out why it idles wrong

shortly after... make a visit to the previous owner to see why all these extra wires are running everywhere with no devices attached to the ends of em.

o and... the guy rigged a light with a light switch on the emergency brake console so he could smoke in the dark at night. its a pretty wicked mod.

Comment

Working...
                              X