Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you know you've swapped too many motors when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know you've swapped too many motors when...

Saturday morning I decided to put the BP in the silver car. I popped the hood on the blue car at 11AM and pulled the BP from the blue, then I turned around and pulled the B3 out of the silver. By 11PM Saturday night I had the BP installed in the silver, the battery relocated to the passenger side (same way I had it in the blue car) and I cranked it. It ran! In less than 12 hours I pulled two motors and installed one. I still need to install the BP09 computer, but everything else is done. That was an exciting 12 hours, and I'm taking this moment to be a little cocky and full of myself for my accomplishment, lol... pics this afternoon...
    No festiva for me ATM...

Wow a job well done! You had it running too, do yo have to do any rewireing?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

^^ Nice job !!

I wish I had time to do a tranny swap in 48 hours :lol:
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Let's see my B6T swap has taken...9 months.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

first time around on the BP took around 2 months from start to finish. Most of the wiring was already done from the first time I did the swap (a lot of it is on the engine side of the harness anyway), all I had to run this time was the two wires that go into the dash for the comp and splicing in the IAC and disty plugs. But yeah, it will crank and run, fired up on the first try... not oil, coolant or tranny fluid in it right now, plus I don't want to run it on the B3 computer for too long at a time anyway. I'm going to get the rest of everything hooked up this afternoon, and hopefully drive it to school tomorrow morning
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

nice hatch!

whats going in lil blue now? not a B3 i hope !?!?
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Geez, and I've been like a year cobbling together crap for my v-6 swap into the batstiva. Gonna have to get a move on.
              :roll: :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

You must have it down to a science!

I've pulled/replaced like 5 engines now and still have problems...
                White '89L auto - Sold!
                Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

this was my fifth... as long as you pull the engine and tranny together its no problem... and now, pics as promised...

The B3 and BP side by side... quite a bit of size difference... plus the BP just looks cooler, lol

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

htchgotskillsyo
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

You should relocte the battery to the cabin. It is taking up so much space under the hood. I bet it would help handeling a bit too.

Comment

nah, it likes to stay under the hood :lol: mainly because I don't like running 2 and 4 guage wire, lol... plus theres no room for it, i gots too much thump in the trunk, lol
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

It's like falling off a bike: once you've done it, you know how. (or is that riding a bike? I've got bad luck on two wheels)

I had a similar experience yesterday. I replaced a couple of burnt out bulbs in my HVAC controls, and it took me about an hour, start to finish. When I was done, I realized there was a third bulb to be replaced. Round two took less than 5 minutes.

Jim

Comment

Nice job htchbck, whats to become of blue? BTW, how long would to take you to do an engine swap if you had to drive to my house first ?
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^^^ depends on what motor is going in and what kinda prep work has been done... but not counting driving time I feel safe saying i can do a B3 or B6 SOHC swap in two days tops, provided the motor is ready to go in and there is an AdvanceAuto or AZ nearby... probably less time than that. When I put the B3 in the silver it took about 4 hours to get it hooked up and running, but the old motor was already out. I thought you liked to keep yours stock though? isn't that kinda your trademark? :lol: but if you want to do a swap this summer just let me know, I'll come up there and do it as long as you promise to show me the copper press thing that you made those keychains on
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                              X