Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do in my situation?

i bout 2 festivas for pretty cheap...
    one is a 89 red (FI) AT. The tranny was taken out of it because the guy before me put all new seals in it and had the motor disassembled putting all new gaskets on it(which he didnt get around to). well the red ones body is pretty good shape minus the faded paint but the front seats are pretty torn...

okay the other is a blue 91 (AT) with PERFECT interior and only 94k miles on it... runs perfect but needs a new muffler), and the body i am going to respray the stock light blue so i will have a dang near new festiva... anyways my question is what should i do sell the blue one or the red?

i really need one that is 5 speed so i can do the B6T swap but i am having trouble finding one that is already 5-speed.
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, 'cause they're fast
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I'd keep both, but if that isn't possible I'd probably try to make a little money off selling the blue one and use that money to help fund a turbo build on the 89... you could always swap in a G25MR with the B6T and it would be a 5 speed then anyway...
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Ya I agree....if you are going to upgrade your tranny when you do the swap.....you might as well use the Auto and just get a clutch pedal assembly from a wrecker.....but I allway just keep my eye open for deals.....you never know when a good festy will comae along at a good price!
        Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

yea, if your swapping engines dont worry if its an AT, the tranny swap sounds very easy. The trans isnt tied into the computer or anything all you have to do is hook up the reverse light switch. You also have to change the pedals, and install the shift linkage.
          89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
          RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS
            Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, 'cause they're fast
            Uh? :?

Comment

maybe nova was trying to say im random?
              ohh and i didnt know that the AT tranny wasnt tied in with the ECU so i think i will keep the other motor and trans for the blue one and just go ahead and build my b6t project...
              There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Working...
              X