i got my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got my car

the 88' with 17,626 miles. it was like driving a new festiva. very quiet, and the ride was better than my other 2. the interior looks brand new, no marks or nicks in the back, obviously no loading items, cargo cover even looks new. drives well, peppy and got good mileage, a/c was ice cold. paint is all very shiney, only one very small spot i saw she didnt even see, of a bit of bubbling, about 2 inches maybe. and ill get that nipped in the bud.

she has the original brochures from 1988 even. they obviously loved the car as it was handled with care for 19 yrs of ownership.

she is buying a red yaris. her kids thoughts she should have the air bag protection. a very nice lady, i enjoyed meeting her. of course im very happy with the car. :wink:

i will take some pic, i dont have a digital camera, but will post as soon as i can.

yeah glad i didnt have to drive the truck further, to get it..lol i hate uhaul!

i didnt steal it but paid a fair price given its mileage and condition.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Congratulations on your new Festiva! I am glad it went well!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

how much did you get it for if you dont mind saying.
      There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

congrats! take care of it and hit that rust fast!
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Awesome Todd , I am glad you got it !!

Can't wait to see the pics
            ------------------------------------------------
            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

pretty cool i found the original window sticker for the car. also has the original booklet, looks brand new. and they had several festiva brochures, 88-90, and 92. they were cool to look at. it rates the 88 lx 5 speed at 39/43. i think the later 5 speeds were rated at 35/42. kinda odd i thought.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the reason the mileage is lower on the later model was that the original mileages were over-stated. The EPA made the car maufacturers to report more realistic mileage. I think you'll find the EFI festivas typically do about mid 40's on the highway and the carburated models typically go low 40's. The revised rating methods resulted in the mileage being somewhat lower than a conservative driver would get - But then again they have to keep in mind the agressive driver who will probably get less than the new, revised ratings. BTW, they are finding that the Hybrids have over-stated mileage claims also, however, I'll bet they won't push to revise those because they want people to buy them. A co-worker has a Prius and he is lucky if he averages high 40's. Also the gas engine runs continually if the A/C is switched on, and then the mileage is around 40. From what I'm hearing, I'm probably better off with my Festiva rather than a Hybrid.

Comment

yeah and save all that money also. funyy you dont hear the negatives much about the hybrids. or i hadnt heard that.

i thought about the figures maybe being inflated with the first year model. guess ill have to see how well i do and compare. i had gotten around 40 in town with my 93, and maybe 42 or so on the highway but that was doing 65 to 70.

Comment

Working...
                  X