Hey new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey new here

Hey my name is Matt I am a 19 (as of tomorrow) student from Kingston Ontario. I use to be big in the Honda scene but due to speeding tickets insurance rates and gas prices festivas are my new calling lol. I also use to work in a shop. Love to auto cross hopefully going to have a festiva running a few events this year.

One question today on my never ending quest to find a festiva I found a 1992 festy that's automatic and has 178 km on is. It has some minor body rust and one large dent. Interior is mint. the guy wants 500 I really want it how hard is it to switch it to stick while doing a BP swap. My goal is to have this ready for the track for under 1500

Welcome to this wonderfull site, you made the correct choice on changing from honda to a festiva, I have no attention either from street racers or police. Just try and keep the exhaust noise down and you will be ok.

The price sounds just about right for the festiva you looked.I dont like rust and went to look @ one that was for 350 mint condition.When I saw rust I turned back.Rust is commun in canada.

On the auto to stick you should search it has been covered lots of times...BP swap is also covered in lots of ways.....
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Welcome!

The price sounds good.
      Auto to stick is easy, the tranny isnt tied into the computer at all. Hardest part from the sounds of it is installing the clutch pedal. Do a search, its been covered a few times.
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

Welcome to the board! Yes it is pretty simple to convert it to a stick, I am going to be doing that my self soon. If you search for a article here by Deathshead he did this swap.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Thanks everyone I have read this site up and down for like 3 days straight and I have learned alot and am glad to be a part of this community.

Thanks again

Comment

Good luck w/the purchase and swap! Let us know how it goes. -Kyle
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Welcome, Ive got a clutch/break pedal set up from a parts car when you need one.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

how much would that be with shipping

Comment

^ Just noticed you are in canada, shipping would probably be prohibitive. Whats your postal code? Ill check it out.
                  sigpic

Comment

K7N 1R3

Comment

This is what Im talking about. I thought maybe you would need just the pedal and pivot bolt but after looking at my auto I think youd need the whole thing. Ill PM you tomorrow with shipping.

sigpic

Comment

Hi matt.....my name is adam and I live in stratford ontario.

I've owned somthing like 7 festiva's and I'm currently selling a 91 auto and possibly an other car that is 5 speed with only 125,000kms on it......if you are serious about upgrading your car you should call me and we can chat i'll give you an idea off your options and yes I list of what I have up for grabs

I will soon have an aspire brake swap avalible ..... it is a must if you will be doing any auto-cross or an engine swap....

You can call me on any week day around 6pm at 1-519-271-1170 ask for adam.

Oh ya i've owned 2 4th gen civic's and although they have better handeling ( shorter wider ) I allways loved driving my festiva's ALOT more! And like you say they fall under the radar more....hence my username!

This board is full of awsome info and people who share the same passion........there is also a meet in july in just on the other side of the border in MI......there will be a group of us from Ontario heading down....it would be cool to ad 1 more to the caravan!

Later
                        Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

I would love it if I am aloud off the base that weekend I will deffinitly head over with you guys sory for bad speeling and what nmot kinda not in the right state fo mind if you now what i menann

Comment

welcome

Comment

Working...
                            X