got my truck on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my truck on the road

got my 86 f-150 runnin and on the road now. feels good driving it again. its only got the 4.9(300ci) straight 6 but its enough power to lay rubber

only one mark but its a base model 150 cant expect a posi.

heres some more pics

most of the A/C is gone now since it didnt work and i would rather use windows anyway. the smog pump is disconnected and will be removed eventually(truck will stay exempt from emissions).

got a chrome valve cover from lmc truck on the way. will be getting an OFFENHAUSERŽ HIGH-PERFORMANCE 4-BBL. INTAKE MANIFOLD
    and a 4bbl holly for it dual outlet header with high flow mufflers running up to 5.24" stacks through the bed. chrome rear step bumper with extra backup lights. eventualy it will be bagged and get nice rims.
    Jason
    wishing i had a festi again

Looks pretty clean, what was wrong with it ? You need to haul some lumber or tow something now Is that your limo too?
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

The only people who will look at that truck and not like it are those who have never owned an old F-150 with the famous 4.9L straight six.

I own a landscaping business and out of all of the trucks i've used the most reliable and long lasting have been the F-150's with the 4.9L

They will not set any speed records....but they have more tourque then a 5.0L.....I still use a 91 4.9L everyday to haul my tandem axles 16 foot trailer with equipment.

I wish I lived in the southern U.S......they just rot away real quick up here in Ontario

Cool truck....i'd be interested to see what the mods to the engine will yeild!
      Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

I dig your front plate.
        Didn't expect to see one of those that far above the Maison-Dickson line :lol:
        ~Jeff
        1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
        1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
        2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

One wheel peel :lol:

Put a posi in there !!

Oh and just what have you been doing in that front seat ??
          Are those tire prints or Feet prints :lol: :lol:
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

^^^ they look like tire prints to me, but either way it involved rubber :lol: nice truck, I've never had the privilege of owning one myself, but I've been in construction for 6 years now so I've gotten to drive my fair share of them as company work truck. I'll take the 4.9L over just about any motor out there for torque and just all-around haul-anything-anywhere power
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Y'know, there's a lot of good performance stuff available for those inlines...

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
                what was wrong with it ?
                no spark even with all new dist cap rotor plugs/wires ignition module. got a eec dist for it off an 84/85 bronco with a new cap and rotor and after gettin the #1 cylinder to top dead center dropped the dist in and it fired up.

Originally posted by freshtiva
                Is that your limo too?
                nope its the place i work for. vac and wash them there

Originally posted by packrat427
                Oh and just what have you been doing in that front seat ??
                Are those tire prints or Feet prints
                they are tire prints had the stock steelies from the festy sittin in there.

http://www.lmctruck.com/index.htm for ford chevy or gmc truck parts they got just about everything you need they do now have dodge but not as many years chevy goes from 47-06 ford 48-03 gmc 67-06 and now dodge 94-06. they finally updated it so u can browse the catalogs online and purchase parts too. ill have to get a video of me being a one-wheeler-peeler. and take a few pics of the valve cover when it comes in.
                Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper
                  The only people who will look at that truck and not like it are those who have never owned an old F-150 with the famous 4.9L straight six.

I own a landscaping business and out of all of the trucks i've used the most reliable and long lasting have been the F-150's with the 4.9L

They will not set any speed records....but they have more tourque then a 5.0L.....I still use a 91 4.9L everyday to haul my tandem axles 16 foot trailer with equipment.

I wish I lived in the southern U.S......they just rot away real quick up here in Ontario

Cool truck....i'd be interested to see what the mods to the engine will yeild!
                  thanks. ive heard a ton of people, even ones that dont like fords, say that the 4.9 is one of the hardest engines to kill. the truck was sitting since sept of 2001 i think only was started a few times i kept forgetting to start it once in a while just to keep the batt charged, then it wouldnt start the last time i was going to put it on the road. was gettin fuel and spark to the coil but it just wasn't leaving it. the eec distributor works great. and ill get pics with every new mod to the truck. im going with a loud exhaust pissible louder then my festy. its gonna have 5.24" stacks from JCW just up behind the cab. no cats on it either.
                  Jason

Comment

My 95 f150 has that motor and it has yet to leave any of my family members stranded since my dad bought it in 1996. If you want to hear more good things go to the forums on www.fordtrucks.com there are more than a few guys building the 300 from the ground up.

Comment

Tire marks you say.O.K I'll buy that. Mamabear

Comment

^^LOL!!!!!!!!!
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

the valve cover came in today ill get pics of it later today im too tired from helping my brother move. dont know when im going to have time to put it on. want to get the valves and suspension on the festy dont first
                          Jason

Comment

heres the pics of the cover

think theres enough foam packing peanuts?

Jason

Comment

Nice and shiny. If you put that on you will have to detail the rest of the engine bay you know.
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X