Festiva died last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva died last night

well i picked the car up from the body shop yesterday and i took it for a cruise to one of the car shows tons of people where all looking and asking questions its pretty funny some guy asked me if i would trade it for a supra i said no ive been working on this car for 3 years haha. so going there everything was pretty good. leaving it didnt want to start at first it ddint want to crank then when it did crank it sounded funny. ( i think it may have been flooding to the point of hydralock) well it finally started and everything seemed normal well leaving the car show an eclipse was coming up on me so i was going to try and race him to see how fast the car is. i down shifted to 2nd and let the clutch out the motor reved black smoke came up from under the dash and thats all. nothing quiet! it cranks but wont fire i didnt hear the fuel pump any more, i checked the fuel pressure gague and no fuel pressure so i suspect its a problem with my shoty wirring and maybe the relay bit the dust? im about to go look at it. i pray its just something in the wirring. but i dont know why it would be cranking funny like before. its got a new t belt so i dont think thats the problem. doe!!! i should have never went last night but i guess if it didnt happen last night it probably would have happend at ohiostiva. im so depressed i have so much money in this car and i cant even get it to run right i should have put the money in the mustang.....ok maybe i didnt mean it, just please say a prayer to the car gods that its something to do with the fuel pump.

I'd be willing to bet its just wiring or at worst a relay... the smoke under the dash sounds like a wiring problem though, maybe something shorted and melted, thats what happened to my taurus once.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

well the car is alive again!! it seems as though maybe the inline fuel pump rubbed against the body and grounded out. i have the fuel pump just zip tied for now i have a new fuel pump with clamps and all that im going to use but i need to get another fitting before i can bolt the new one on. the smoke i dunno it smelled like plastic maybe clutch from when i down shifted the clutch seems to be fine. there also is no exhaust so the smoke maybe came from the exhaust.

Comment

Glad to hear its running OK now.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Working...
        X