Bug Bites...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Bites...

So as summer is fast approaching, I thought I'd make a post about bug bites... I've been to my girlfriends cabin the past few weekends and the bugs are really bad there.

Here's a few shots:

You'll probably say... What's that? Simon got a Festiva?! You're right... A 90 LX Special Edition... Found it yesterday and signed the papers for it today! It's automatic with 138k on the clock, but she's a start. Has the swoopy mirrors, rear wiper, white tach cluster, all the interior goodies, etc... Got it for a decent price too, $1000 all said and done with.

My next plan is to pickup the white BP Festiva from Inga (DJ's wife) and we'll be back in the game...

I hope it doesn't get as extreme at the last one... I'm not sure I want to spend the money to shave everything again... But I am thinking of putting it back on air...
    Simon - pimptiva.com

It starts with "its just for transportation"!!! And then.............................................. ............
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Nice find Simon

Now all you need is a current sticker :lol:
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

It also has the cool headrests!!!
        Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

I see it is already marking it's territory......lol
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

That sticker was from the old car... The registration was sent in today to renew for this car... But yea, it'll be there soon.

The interior needs a little work. I saw a few things that needed addressed. it needs a new valve cover gasket because it's leaking pretty bad (oil everywhere in the engine bay) and needs some brakes... But it'll work to get me around cheaper than my Jeep...
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Oh... It's also got the amazing pink and black stripes down the side, lol!
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                Oh... It's also got the amazing pink and black stripes down the side, lol!
                Was that the selling point??? :lol:
                Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

I use to be on this site years ago and now i'm back in action.....but i've noticed your old car "pimptiva" vanished into thin air.....what ever happened to it?????

Are there any how to's on how you had the rear plate in your pimptiva's hatch behind lexan....if I remember correct!

Or what about your trick gas filler behind the tail light.....any info on that mod?????
                  Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

It looks Good boy are going to make it a go-go car or a bad ass moe-foe car. Mamabear

Comment

Sleeper - Sold the car to another member on the board... And I have since regretted it everytime I've been back to the forums... So that's the decision to go this route.

As for how-tos on those mods... It was just some major bodywork. Cutout the "dip" in the hatch, filled in with a flat metal piece and then sealed a piece of lexan or plexiglass in a hole that was cut to see the plate. The insides were tricky because you needed to find a way to mount the plate and have access to change the stickers and that... The bodyshop took care of all that stuff though.

Same with the gas filler... Cut out the side, and molded that all shut... And then put the tail light on a hinge... We used the stock gas filler behind the tail light and molded it in place and then ran some custom bent tubes up to drop into the stock gas tank. I had some problems a few times with filling up where it would continually click off... But it was worth the looks for a few hard times at the pump.

Mama - Haha... It's going to be a beater until I pickup the BP from you next week... Then I'm going to turn it into a go-go AND bad ass moe-foe car... It'll be (hopefully) the best of both worlds.
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Nice find Simon, You are full blooded Festy man. I wanna see a Pimptiva return.

As for air..... I say stay away from it, it's a pain, and bouncy in the Festiva even at 45-50 psi per strut. I'm keeping mine,...but just for the reason and ability to say I have it,... and have it in a Festy.

With Ra's new engine being done up I won't really have the air struts in as much and will run a different suspension most of the time except at shows, and just keep most of the set up installed except struts so I can swap in an out. <----------kinda tells you how I feel about it.

I'm excited to see what you can create Simon. I wanna park next to you at a show in the near future or at a meet. Good luck with the new car, lets see another Pimpiva cause I miss the old one. :cry:

I say get a manual tranny and get that engine from Inga and turbocharge her. 8)
                        I got some things up my sleeve this year for you all, so get busy and lets see what you can create cause I know you have the talent.
                        Thanks for hanging around here and all you do for us, its always nice seeing you here,.....

No offense but it would be nicer seeing you driving a Pimptiva again. 8)

Joseph

Comment

Sweet! thats all I can say!!
                          *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

Simon are we brothers? Both driving hot arse festivas, and YJ Jeeps :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
                              Simon are we brothers? Both driving hot arse festivas, and YJ Jeeps :-)
                              I think you're copying me... j/k...

Ra - I'm still unsure... I'd love to get air just to bounce around, but if I make a "go fast" car, it could be scary on air too... I'm still unsure about it.

I'm going to be brining the whole BP Festiva back with me, which is manual already... And the enine is built already; so no turbo... If anything, I'd go the route that DJ was planning on put it on the bottle.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X