Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does a stock auto efi festi get MPG wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does a stock auto efi festi get MPG wise?

i promised i searched it but with no luck... :x
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

i noticed my 91 w/o air gets better gas mileage than my 93 with air but i will caculate it later.

Comment

Depends on how you drive it but it gets about 7 mpg less than a 5 speed. @ 85 on the interstate it got 22mpg
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Ouch, that sucks.

Comment

I get somewhere around 30 to 35 in mine, driving like an old lady.

Comment

well i never get above 75 in anything...but i guess that 30-35 isnt bad but i thought that the auto would be getting around 35-40 or something

Comment

i drive like a old lady because i have to watch out for the other driver....someone pulled in front of me and if i was not paying attention i would have wrecked my 93 more meaning there is still damage to the front but still drivable

Comment

auto hoppers says, 31/33 for a 91 automatic

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I get 30-35 depending on how I drive, car has A/C too!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

I get 35 with my 1.8 DOHC 5spd festy, and drive it like a 1.8 festy should be drove ;-) I know it doesn't answer your questoin. I drove my Uncles yellow Automatic 91 to the Spring Ohiostiva meet last year and it got just over 30mpg

Comment

Speaking of your Uncles yellow car, borrow it to come to OS next week!
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Don't want to take this thread off topic but, just out of curiosity; Why does it seem that everyone in the US drives at 85mph on the highway? In this case, it really is pure curiosity, no judgment.

The reason I ask (this obviously doesn't apply here) is that you hear many people who drive trucks, or Hummers, or what have you, complain about getting crappy highway mileage, and they're driving 85. What's up with that? It seem some people want all the luxury, power, and status, but can't handle the price of ownership.

For the sake of comparison, the speed limit here varies between 100 km/h (62 mph) and 110 km/h (68 mph). Most people will run about 10 km/h over in most situations, so you can say average speeds are around 68 mph to 74 mph.

So...any thoughts? Is everyone in a rush to get somewhere? It can't be about distance traveled, seeing as not only is Canada quite a bit larger, but urban centers are spaced further apart, thus leading one to think that Canadians might benefit more from going really fast.

Comment

Yeah the speed limit might be 100kph up there, but I drove athrough canada on the QEW and no one was going under 100 MPH....

Comment

so i think this answers my next question which is...
                            would it be worth it to convert my other festiva to manual trans?

Comment

todd00 how reliable is that website? because it says my neon gets 29 mpg city and im lucky to break 20+ granny driving...

Comment

Working...
                              X