what can this do for your festiva????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can this do for your festiva????

this is bad ass i have been reading about it for an hour now i want one!

read this article

OMG...that would be awesome on a car....drop a differant rear axle into the festy and run around all day getting your 40 plus mpg....then when the time is right....unleash the beast beneath....lol
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I wonder if they still can make these things. I think I saw something on the History Channel once about these. Arn't they basically a small jet engine?

Comment

if you would put a one of them on a festy and didnt highly strengthen the unibody/frame it would shread it it would be cool to do that though
        Jason
        wishing i had a festi again

Comment

would be no torque on the body...would just need to make sure it didn't push the rear axle through to the front of the car....lol
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yeah jet turbine engine & what looks to be a trans axle
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Holy Crap!!!!!

I just can't figure out why no one would not still make those things......If I had money to burn I'd buy the rights to that and start the assembly line!.....Hmmmm one of those in a smart car?????

:twisted:
              Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Yup, that's one of the rarest hot rod pieces I've ever seen. I've never seen one for sale before: most people hang on to those until they're dead. You can pretty much guarantee that if Steve Magnante at Hot Rod magazine hears about this, there'll be steam shooting out his ears!

Jim

Comment

it is a really good idea well if it dont blow up i wish i had the money. read that article theres more out there its intresting!

Comment

man, I would so put that on my Festiva... :evil:

Think of the respect you would earn in races, overtaking people on the freeway, cop chases, etc..
                    White '89L auto - Sold!
                    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim
                      man, I would so put that on my Festiva... :evil:

Think of the respect you would earn in races, overtaking people on the freeway, cop chases, etc..
                      You don't carry much fuel. It like that Jame Bond jetpack,
                      you got 60 seconds of thrust.

Turbine Go-cart or Snowmobile, anyone? :twisted:

Comment

wow im pretty sure that is the most insane thing i have ever seen.
                        gives a new definition to "balls to the walls" with the whole go-kart powered by a jet engine going 240 MPH!!!
                        There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

very interesting. wonder how many pounds of thrust that makes.
                          is not sposed ta do that...
                          05 subaru legacy gt
                          1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                          1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Working...
                          X