Good score at PnP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good score at PnP!

Had a pretty good time at PnP yesterday. I found some stuff I needed (steering wheel, speedo cable) and then found 3 Festys with power mirrors, out of the 6 that are in the yard. Not a bad ratio!

I managed to get one complete set of power mirrors, with all the wiring and the switch for a grand total of $25.

The other sets of mirrors are either trashed, or missing large chunks. BTW: it seems the power mirrors are probably very similar to those used on 323s. I looked at my 323 manual mirrors the other day. (87 model year) and the outside portion matched up to the Festy door pretty well. The inside plate was quite different, but the Festy part could be substituted in all likelihood.

So, get out there and buy parts!!!

Nice score! I think if you use 323 mirrors you need to drill some new mounting holes.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

If any of those festys had a grey shift boot (the type that goes in the console) im interested
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

You mean the manual shift boot that goes in the console? If so, nope. Consoles and manuals were only teamed up in the US market, just as power mirrors were primarily a Canadian thing.

I'm going to look more closely at the manual mirrors I've got. If it appears things are fairly close, I'll let you guys know.

Jim

Comment

I sold 2 power mirror sets with the switch for over $150 for each complete set on ebay.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
            I sold 2 power mirror sets with the switch for over $150 for each complete set on ebay.
            :shock: Wow! I paid $12 for a set + wiring at the junkyard, and that includes a warranty!

Time to stock up and cash in....
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracing
              You mean the manual shift boot that goes in the console? If so, nope. Consoles and manuals were only teamed up in the US market, just as power mirrors were primarily a Canadian thing.

I'm going to look more closely at the manual mirrors I've got. If it appears things are fairly close, I'll let you guys know.

Jim
              Hu? We got them too, they came in the 88-90LXs
              89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
              RIP 90LX

Comment

Really? Weird. I've never seen one here.

Comment

We seem to have a different style on the Canadian cars than most of the US cars. The most common ones in the US look very similar to the manual mirror. The ones we get up here are quite a bit different. I have them on my car, Simon had a set on Pimptiva.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                  X