• Time
  • Show
Clear All

12:48 MDT... it's up!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Oh...yea! Some day.... I tried to write Jay about a month ago, asking if he might know where some of the other Shogun owners might be, and in doing so I sent him one of the origional Add's for the car, like the one he shows in the small video. I wasnt shure if he had one or not, they were handed out at a CA car race prior to any of the cars going on sale. So I figured it would at least get his attention, even if he already had one. It looks as if he has one, maybe two now Oh I just need the Festi Gods to get me a good donner and a larger garage and it's on !
      93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by URTOAST
        Oh...yea! Some day.... I tried to write Jay about a month ago, asking if he might know where some of the other Shogun owners might be, and in doing so I sent him one of the origional Add's for the car, like the one he shows in the small video. I wasnt shure if he had one or not, they were handed out at a CA car race prior to any of the cars going on sale. So I figured it would at least get his attention, even if he already had one. It looks as if he has one, maybe two now Oh I just need the Festi Gods to get me a good donner and a larger garage and it's on !

did any one notice that the number tag isnt on Jays car? I'm wondering if they came on cars produced after Jays?? I tell you the more you look at the Shoguns the more every one is different.

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

Comment

Yep COOL !!!!! love the sound it makes.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

As for the numbering of the cars. I have always heard they were not sold / released / numbered in the order they were built. Jays claims to have made the first order but his car is suppose to be number 003

Something else I noticed the rear fenders are not sealed or blended in, just bolted on .

Who knows, in such a limited run anything can happen.

His is an early car. It has a fabric headliner and early grill. all the other one I have seen have the later grill expect for the brown/black one.
            money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

AWESOME!! Hey Mike (NovaSS), when is Minigun gonna be finished so I can for a ride?
              1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
              1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
              1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
              1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
              1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
              1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
              1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Nothing like a video to get you motivated on a project !
                money pit

Comment

That was awesome !!
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I have never heard one run before, that thing sounds beautiful. I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS
                      As for the numbering of the cars. I have always heard they were not sold / released / numbered in the order they were built. Jays claims to have made the first order but his car is suppose to be number 003

Something else I noticed the rear fenders are not sealed or blended in, just bolted on .

Who knows, in such a limited run anything can happen.

His is an early car. It has a fabric headliner and early grill. all the other one I have seen have the later grill expect for the brown/black one.
                      Yea I kinda like the idea his car dosent seam to have the auto belts eather, something I dont much care for. As for the numbering I was told it went like this

1st car had no number it was the yellow prototype
                      1st real car Becks Shop car blue painted window trim, and rear wiper and wing.
                      2ed car was blue also and was John Ireton Hewitt's now sold 1990 model black window trim, no wiper.
                      3 was Jays 1989 silver no wiper no power belts, black trim
                      4 red ? Thats all i know it was sold in San Fran. CA
                      5 Purple car with 4 point cage salvage unit, KJ Byrnes car 1991 model
                      6 I have no idea
                      7 The basket case!

This is why you will see some people say there were only 7 and others will say 8 there were 8 total cars one not numbered, and one not built? Thats what I got out of all the info I have gathered.

What a confusing gathering of cars! But I guess thats what makes it fun!

any one know a good body man?? :lol:

Comment

What we need to do is: everyone that lives near Jay needs to keep a silver www.FordFestiva.com sticker in their car, and if they see his car somewhere go slap it on the back window

I realy like his diversity of cars.
                        Man what a nice collection.
                        ~Jeff
                        1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                        1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                        2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

I have Jays address , I can mail him one
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

damn shoguns have really fat asses. they do sount nice though
                            Jason
                            wishing i had a festi again

Comment

Originally posted by FlowmasterFestiva
                              damn shoguns have really fat asses. they do sount nice though
                              :laughing6:

Yes they do!

Comment

just watched the video.. man that thing sounds good
                                Ian Carr
                                88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
                                99' S70 T5M- faster DD
                                86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Working...
                                X