cross your fingers for me fellas..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross your fingers for me fellas..

last night while driving by a local exhaust shop i saw a xr-2 and stopped and left my number. well being impatient as i am i went to the shop and they told me the guy has 3 but only that one turbo and he was using it as a parts car. his red one was up there and it needs a trans but the trans in it is hydro and the one in the xr-2 is obviously cable so i called his house and asked if he was willing to sell but his wife said he wasnt home but she said that he might and all that i need to do is call tomorrow before 9 and find out!!! GOD the suspense is killing me but i already got a festy that is prepped and ready for a engine swap so i guess it is worth a try.

oh and they said that the xr2 has some smoking problems but that just mean i might get it cheaper. :lol:

i guess if i get it i will post some pics and im thinking of making a video called "The Life Of A Fastiva". and edit together all the little clips from the time i bought the red one to my first run at the track.
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

good luck , wish i could find a nice deal on a car like that around here.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

if it has smoking problem then they should try nicoret on it...just kidding and good luck

Comment

Your muffler fix it !!

Comment

ha Inga posted here so guess i should change the headline, and i tried nicoret on the neon but it doesn't work too well(at least with every one of my oil changes but im keepin my fingers crossed).

Comment

Well I will pray for you..My son.

Comment

If smoking prob a hurt turbo,good time to upgrade Be persistant but do be over axious he will try to get to much for it. My rule thumb never give over $500 for anything Good luck man.
              "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

well i got great news....ready for it?

$200!!! and he put a new motor in it that has under 100k on it! heck yea!!!
                looks like something is looking my way for once! thanks guys for the support and i hope to be able to get pics. up soon.

oh and Sho_Tyme that is pretty funny, but luckily i didn't have to jew him down.

Comment

Originally posted by fattie
                  good luck , wish i could find a nice deal on a car like that around here.
                  I wish I could FIND one of those cars here!

I've never seen one in person....
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Good find man. I gave $200 for one and $500 for one that ran. Good find hope for a good swap out of it.
                    "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

V air meter was off it and that was all i seen. the tranny was already 70% out for me so this swap wont take as long
                      oh and the DSM steering wheel thing didnt work out, so me and my friend is gonna try to find out how to make it work! if everything turns out like i hope then i will have a turbo festy by summer!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X