X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Stars

That's what we drive.

I will NOT drive a minivan

Great article find! A yaris may be more cushy, but no where near the fun. Factor in the fix it youself factor, parts, easy engine changes..... Ill take the 18 year old festy. Now If Mazada would just make a 1 liter Diesel engine I would be set for an MPG record.
    Eric
    Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
    Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
    Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

Comment

Saftey has been a huge selling point since the mid 80s, and is the main reason cars have ballooned in weight. Combine that with cheap gas and there's no point in bothering with fuel economy. Until recently it's only been the fringe crazies and poor people worrying about economy, and we probably wouldn't be buying new cars anyway.

The pink elephant that nobody talks about is the massive MSRP rise. Adjusted for inflation, an economy car in 1990 would cost less than half that of an economy car today. Even the korean cars that are built ultra cheap aren't competitive with cars of 15 years ago.
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

Man the civic went to hell on past prestent compare. Crazy how fast the new vette is and it went up
        "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Sho_tyme_psi
          Man the civic went to hell on past prestent compare. Crazy how fast the new vette is and it went up
          The civic went down in mpg yes, but it is a WAY nicer car now. It's way nicer than the older accords even. You have to factor in all of the safety and emissions regulations as well as the performance increases. The vette finally got some technology. It is truly a mean machine.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
          X