just an update on the egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just an update on the egg

well i have not done much to the beast but i do have most of the dents out, and most of the bondo done, only had to do 2 spots of bondo but will be doing another when we get the sheet metal replaced, but its all smooth just need to sand with some finer paper to cut the scratches down some.

i got pics on my phone but ive been busy as ive started working finally lol. got hired at jiffy lube full time plus school at night, but 7.50 an hour so its not bad. no major mods till im caught up with school payments and such tho.

and btw, brian (25horse) thanks for getting me back in,
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

dents

any advice on dent repair? my festiva has five dents on each rear quater, but no where else. They had to be on the part that isn't bolt on. I am still messing with putting pics on. I wonder how hard the Shogun fenders are to install, seems like they would cover the dents up perfectly,Thanks, Eric
    93 Festiva GL

Comment

co2 search

I just saw the video on the co2 and hair dryer technique, does that work well, that would be easy as hell. Thanks, Eric
      93 Festiva GL

Comment

nah didnt work for me,

i just pulled the interior hatch panels off and reached back in the fender well with a 2x2 and got it popped.

Comment

so you actually tried it but it didnt work? maybe you had a crappy hair dryer(got my fingers crossed)?
          There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

how you liking jiffy lube? on my way home from school today i saw the local one has a "now hiring" sign up, might be an interesting job for the summer!
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

well kountry i tried it with a blow torch and the compressed air stuff, that didnt work and i couldnt find a hair dryer in the house, sister took it when she moved out lol. but i just said screw it and bondod it.

nate,

its not bad, i like being down in the bay, gotta be careful tho, parts get hot under there lol.

oil isnt as hot as i thought it would of been, i "burnt" my hands a cpl of times, well not rly burnt but enough to say ouch lol. gets hectic at times but its acutally kind of fun, and the one im at its kinda laid back when were not busy, sit or smoke if you need or stock the parts or sweep/mop floors. yes non slip and oil resistant shoes are a must, i wore mine and i still slipped several times.

Comment

^^Get yourself a pair of Mechanics gloves ($15) well worth the money fo what you are doing!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Working...
                X