Smart Fortwo comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Fortwo comments

somewhat ontopic for a group of people who enjoy small lightweight cars. i've reserved my Smart Fortwo and am eagerly awaiting the dealership to sprout up, sales staff to be hired, and for my purchase. based on current speculation i believe that a ForTwo will be a really sweet car. its weight and laughability go hand in hand with the respect that others show for the Ford Festiva... which leaves us tuners to make a nice sleeper.

i got my new plates in the mail today... who else out there in Festiva Land is looking forward to this new petit auto?

lightweight turbo festiva eventually... till then RALLY 323 FWD 1.8 turbo w/DMS suspension.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8RQWpCQTEM
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563922096TbQTzO

Thats Cooooollll!!! Make it look good!!

Comment

Cool plates!!

I put down $99 to reserve my Smart. I do not fully expect SmartUSA to stand behind the "under $12,000" for the Pure and "under $14,000" for the Passion. If those prices do hold up, then a Passion looks to be the best equipped value. I signed up for a Pure in Yellow with a Black tridion cell. Now I see that AC is an option on the Pure while it is standard on the Passion along with panorama roof, alloy wheels, 3-spoke leather sports steering wheel with shift paddles, power windows, electric and heated side mirrors, and AM/FM radio with CD player.

Maybe I can upgrade to a Passion????
      1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
      2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Did you steal my car?

It's the same color and has a blue fender with a white stripe! :shock: :lol:
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

honestly i dont like them , but thats just me.
          05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

I'm probbably going to wait until the diesel is available - from what I've heard the regs need to change before they can be imported.

I've never owned a diesel, but the numbers I've seen posted - 80mpg - may make me a believer.

Until then, smuggling from Canada is still a possibility. Maybe Ricky, Julian and Bubbles can run one across the border for me.

B
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Comment

I have never researched them , but I was told by someone that owns one , that the diesel will not come to the U.S. ??

Shows how much the Government wants us to save fuel ??

But I was also told when I inquired about purchasing one from someone that already owns a diesel in Canada , was they have to pay a $5,000.00 penalty
              back to the manufacturer for selling it ??

Is that like a early cancellation fee :lol: :lol:
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Thats Packrat

Comment

Its a fun car, I have a few friends with them in germany. fun to drive in the city, very airy interior. but due to the very short wheelbase it can have a bit of a bucking ride on the expansion joints. very good crash protection as well. i've seen a couple around here.

Comment

Working...
                  X