My first car show with G'Tiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first car show with G'Tiva

So my first car show went pretty well (other than the judging, but we will get into that later).

TST BOCES in Ithaca NY had its 14th annual car show. There was a really good turn out and the weather wasn't completely crud till the drive home. It would have been nice if it was sunny out, but at least the rain held off for most of the show.

I don't have any of the pictures with me because they are on my sisters camera, but I will try to get some picks up.

Favort cars there where a 2006(?) 1 of 6 427 Rousch Mustang, very pretty. There was also a Yenko Camero, loved it! But my favorits where the 30's trucks and a 31 Ford car, not sure what it is but I will have to ask my dad because he said it was his dream car when he was my age.

Typical muscle car scene there, couple beautiful road runners, chargers, GTo's

Import and Domestic Sports Compact had about as big a showing as the muscle cars this year.

So anyways I was in the SC Domestic class, and there was only 6 of us (4 neons, 1 Chevy Cobalt with a custome Super Charger putting down around 300 horsepower, and me...) 1st,2nd,and 3rd, place in my class where the 3 Dodge fricken Neons, that where just mostly stock. I think they where all R/T's but nothing really special... The other neon that should have at least got some props because it was a scary looking woman in her 40's with a ZEX system, and obviously alot of work into the engine, but she got nothing as well. I was sitting next to my car when the BOCES mechanics class judges came through and they didn't even stop to look at mine, maybe they thought it was an import because it has no badging and a Mazda engine ;-) I guess I should have entered both classes. Maybe next year. I got a flyer tossed in my car for the 607 Motorsports, a local car club from the area for their car show, so I will take that as their approval.

My favorit statement about my car today:L

1. 2 Harley guys comming up to me and saying "MAN! I have to know what is under the hood!" being totally serious.

2. 50 year old women walking by at the end of the show and saying serious as well "I WANT TO SEE THAT CAR DO A BURN OUT!"

All in all a good experience.

I had a 83 Turbo coupe Thunderbird one time. I went to one car show and was grouped into a larger class of Thunderbirds. My car was lowered had a full body kit, beutiful black paint job etc. The winner was a brand new totally stock car. Don't understand the judging sometimes?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Hold you Festiva Proud....

Comment

I know this girl that shows a stock New Beetle in all of the VW shows and wins best in class and such when there are fully restored and customized beatles and Ghia's with the window stickers and literature that came with them. Is it not harder to restore an old car than it is to vaccum out your new car?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I usually took a poster board that gave some basic specs of the car to shows that I attended...

And that sucks about the CRAPPY cars winning... I drove to Maine one year for a car show (12 hour drive) to get beat out by some stock Mustang (how it was in our class, I'm not sure) and some ugly PT Cruisers... It was still a nice weekend to get away, but the drive back sucked for not taking anything.

Get the rest of the kit and you'll start getting some more looks and awards.

EDITED FOR LANGAUGE......................Apply's to everyone.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
          X