Festiva in Demolition Derby.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva in Demolition Derby.

I don't know how many of you guys have seen the TV show "Crash Addicts" that's on Outdoor Life Network. It's somewhere in the backwoods of northern Ontario, and it's about demolition derbies. Well, I was watching it today, and whaddya know, this guy was out there bashing around in a Festiva!

Too bad he came in 3rd place. Not bad though, considering the size of some of the other cars, and how hard he was getting hit.

Jim

I saw one up close and personal at the local demo derby they have here in town... It was pretty amazing to watch it go; made it up to almost the end and then it stopped. It lasted longer than a lot of the cars out there though.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

it's the under dog
      ex Mazda 121 FunTOP, ex Mazda Miata, now

[93 Mazda 323/Familia GTR Turbo 4WD]

Comment

I'm surprised those people aren't in the hospital. A festiva is a coffin on wheels. I would love to see one in a demo derby though.

Comment

A "coffin on wheels" is not exactly correct, even though my car is named the Deathegg! It actually got a rather high rating (5 stars, believe it or not) for the passenger in tests.
          I personally have experience surviving a rather nasty wreck involving my old festiva and a tractor-trailer rig. I walked away from it.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown-Boy
            I'm surprised those people aren't in the hospital. A festiva is a coffin on wheels.
            hey, a woman hit me at 40+mph from behind and shoved me into another car and i walked away from it! And the next day i switched the fuel pump cut-out relay and my baby started up without a problem except the left rear and right front wheels pinned to their bumpers and drove it onto the tow truck.

that was my #1 (RIP), since i walked away without a scratch, i bought 5 Festivas since

Comment

Didn't Herman Monster have a coffin car?

Comment

No that was Grampa , that had the coffin car .
                Herman had the Coach
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I've seen a festiva that had been rolled on the interstate. It wrinkled the hood and roof, and cracked the windshield. The hatch still opened and closed. The guy drove it home and was driving it years later like that. The unibody combined with the cube makes them pretty sound.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I saw one a couple years back at the Junk Car race in Birdsboro, PA. I watched for a while and had to go back to work on the car we had in the event. When I left it was doing really well. I don't think it won (otherwise I'm sure that somebody would have told me), but I think it made it close to the end. When I inquired later, somebody seemed to remember it going into the water hazard area and getting stuck. I will say the few hits I saw it make, it seemed to get the upper hand. Those Festivas are fairly tough for having soda can thin fenders. I think for their weight they are pretty stiff and that is why they continue to go even after they are beat up pretty well. One thing I have notice in regards to the Small Car Junk Race - By far the best car to use is a Chevette. When one them hits you, your Honda or Toyota is DONE. Hard to believe but that is the way it is - Chevette gets my vote for the best small car to have in a Demolition derby (for the small car class, that is)

Comment

Working...
                    X